Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Vacuum Leak Smoke Tester

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can loan or rent me (at an affordable price) a smoke tester. I believe I have a vacuum leak as my 325ix is reving at 1500k-1900k rpm.

I would really like to detect the leak instead of aimlessly pulling hoses or paying a ridiculous fee to get is tested.

Thanks!

Do you have access to compressed air? Just use a plastic jar and a cheap cigar. I have a setup ready except the cigar. Used it on the E46 and works great. Free to use.

Comment

something like this?

Comment

interested in seeing homebrew solutions

Comment

you can make 1 with a 1-2 litre clean paint can, a glo plug, mineral oil and some wires to a battery

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            you can make 1 with a 1-2 litre clean paint can, a glo plug, mineral oil and some wires to a battery
            I did the same thing, but I took my brothers vape juice and put it to better use
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              I did the same thing, but I took my brothers vape juice and put it to better use

vaping....smh lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I heard if you put blue berry vape juice in a Subarus gas tank it will turn the exhaust tips blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Here is the general idea. May look more complicated than it needs to be. I just used parts I had laying around.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have seen the paint and glo plug done online. I live in a condo, so I bet my neighbors would think I am crafting a car bomb :o

Rainrider, unfortunately I don't have an air compressor. I will probably get a cigar and give it a try without one, hopefully it works.

Comment

Working...
                    X