Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you the "cool" sub that lets people screw off or the hard ass guy that really trys to keep the teachers agenda on track?
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
      I'm starting to sub this coming week! Equal parts excited/nervous about it.
      It's really not difficult at all. For the most part you do nothing. I've only been doing it for a few months but very few teachers actually trust a sub with real plans. Classroom management is the big issue. You're at a constant disadvantage because a.) you don't know the kids b.) they don't know you and c.) you're generally only there for 1 day or 1 period. It can be trying sometimes.

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
      Are you the "cool" sub that lets people screw off or the hard ass guy that really trys to keep the teachers agenda on track?
      I try to keep a balance. You can't let the kids walk all over you but you also can't be a dick all the time. It's a fine line.
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Hey Guys, anyone here from around Albany? Or am I in a dead zone?
        '91 325i

Comment

I've seen one or two people pop up every once and a while. Probably about the same as what the blinghamton and buffalol guys have. Welcome to r3v!
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
            Rensselaer by any chance? Or just a coincidence?
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
              Rensselaer by any chance? Or just a coincidence?
              Yup putting in my time here at the 'tute.

Are you perchance the owner of the zinnoberrot 325 that I see driving around?
              '91 325i

Comment

I've seen one or two people pop up every once and a while. Probably about the same as what the blinghamton and buffalol guys have. Welcome to r3v!
                Thanks! Looking to go to some meetups when I can get a good car out here.
                '91 325i

Comment

I'm from about half hour south of Albany, but head that way pretty frequently. I frequent Browns and Bootleggers fairly regularly.

Comment

Yup putting in my time here at the 'tute.

Are you perchance the owner of the zinnoberrot 325 that I see driving around?
                    Nope, I've just got the cirrus car in my sig. I asked because I looked there when I was doing Mechanical Engineering; ended up at RIT though.
                    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Great Lakes GTG in Buffalo next month. Link to thread:

Finally! We're approved and it's time to kick the season off Buffalo style again.

This is a great start to kick off the show season as a non-competitive, BBQ and BS sort of day.

Each year the GTG grows, we're hoping to continue the trend and have this be the largest one yet. Something we would like to continue this year is to help others that are less fortunate. So we'd like to take this opportunity to ask for you to support Julien Lamb. Julien has a very rare case of Leukemia, his parents are a friend of mine and I would love for us to show what a good bunch we are. Whether it be $1, $5 or $20...every dollar helps.

Venue and GTG Sponsor:

Raffle Info:
                      Black Forest Motorsport will be giving away a host of raffle prizes, so don’t be afraid to buy tickets. Rest assured that 100% of this money will be going directly to Julien's benefit. Black Forest Motorsport is not being reimbursed for the event space, time spent, or any of the raffle materials. Your entrance donation will score you 1 ticket but like I said above feel free to buy more!

$1 - 1 ticket
                      $5 - 6 tickets
                      $10 - 14 tickets
                      $20 - 30 tickets

Facebook:

Date and Location:
                      Sunday April 28th, 2013
                      12:00 noon
                      Front Park
                      Porter Ave, Buffalo NY 14214

Directions:
                      From the east:

From the south:

Originally posted by blunt
                      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I want to make this.
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I'm about 40 miles west of Albany.
                          Instagram
                          sigpic
                          Current: 99 M3
                          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

If this pic is from a few years ago, (which I think it is), then my vw bus is just barely out of frame to the right.

I just have to decide if I'm bringing the bus or the BMW. The bus is certainly a nicer looking ride right now.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                              I want to make this.
                              Lets do ittttttt. (If I'm not working)
                              Swanny!
                              SUCKERS.

Comment

Lets do ittttttt. (If I'm not working)
                                I am going, hope you get the time off. It all boils down to my parts that Dave has.
                                ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X