US Ellipsoid to Euro Smiley Connector questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Ellipsoid to Euro Smiley Connector questions

I did a search and found multiple write ups and threads about installing Euro Smileys but most were converting from sealed beams to the Euro Smileys. My 1989 is a December 88 build and I currently run the US Ellipsoids.

From what I read the only thing I need to do is the swap out the connectors and splice the city lights to the side marker wiring. I hope that general statement is accurate. There's nothing I need to do in the fuse box unless I'm converting from sealed beams to euro smileys due to some 1 filament 2 filament bulb issue.

Now the question is where do I get these connectors. I read a thread about going to the junkyard and snipping the e36 foglight connectors but unless everyone says it's way too expensive and not worth it, I prefer to buy fresh connectors so that there's no issues in the future. On top of that I would still need to buy new connectors for the city lights...i think.

So I was wondering if you guys could go over the part numbers I added to the cart to make sure I have the right connectors and housing that is needed to replace my 9006 US spec ellipsoid with Hella/bosch euro smiley lights. Thank you guys.

p.s. The total is pretty pricey but I just used fcp euro just to get an idea of how much it would cost to buy everything new

Click image for larger version

Name:	Connectors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	7250159
Working...
X