Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 Euro bumper vs. M-Tech 1 Euro bumper... whats the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Euro bumper vs. M-Tech 1 Euro bumper... whats the difference?

So recently in a bulk lot of parts I acquired I got an mt1 euro bumper. I have heard of this before and I run regular euro bumpers on my e30. I needed a trim piece from the mt1 bumper and in swapping them I had no problem and saw no difference between the two. Can someone please enlighten me as to what the difference is here? I am planning on selling the Mtech 1 euro bumper, however, I am not entirely sure what it's worth since the thing was painted silver, only has one tiny bend and has good trim all around.

-Ben

the plastic trim is slightly different on the bottom to accommodate the mtech valence. relatively desirable piece for people piecing together an OEM mtech 1 setup. AFAIK you can still get them new, but I haven't checked in a year or so.
    cars beep boop

Comment

The differences will be the small end caps.

The rear bumper strip is longer too, I have a normal euro bumper strip and it's 1 cm too short for the mtech rear valance

Comment

Front or rear? There's no real difference in the bumpers themselves. All euro bumpers can be made to accommodate the M tech 1 kit. Trims are slightly different but old trims will work with modifications outlined in the factory installation manual. Most if not all m tech bumpers came body color matched and are actually cheaper than chrome IIRC.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
        X