Wilwood master cylinder leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
    how are there so many leaks?? it seems like a fairly simple system to me...
    I had to make every brake line for the vehicle by my self, I figured there would be a few leaks

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

ah makes sense. I am using the existing lines
      We're in deep now boys
      1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
      1988 340iL - Track car
      My M60 V8 swap thread here
      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
        I had to make every brake line for the vehicle by my self, I figured there would be a few leaks
        Did you mirror the stock system? I used the existing lines that go to from the engine bay to the rear but fabbed new lines going from master to rear line and master to two new in bay lines.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          Did you mirror the stock system? I used the existing lines that go to from the engine bay to the rear but fabbed new lines going from master to rear line and master to two new in bay lines.
          No I made everything from scratch, I have a pedal now firm and does not sink, hopefully fixing the minor leaks at the prop valve and near the rear beam

Comment

I redid every brake and fuel hard line on my LS swap as well. Between the manual brake conversion and the 30yr old lines I figured all new stainless is the way to go. If you flare em right and use the proper fittings you shouldn't have any issues.
            Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

I did new lines going from the three masters into the engine bay. I also did new lines going to each front wheel as I removed ABS. I ended up bending the lines and then taking them to a hydraulic shop who did the flares for me. It all worked well when I had everything in place and took my time with it.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

I'm in the same boat doing brakes with Wilwood masters and proportioning valve on e36 m3 brakes. Any tips? I heard not to use teflon on the fittings, I'm doing double flares wherever necessary.

Comment

The permatex product above works well

Comment

Originally posted by ogslick View Post
                    I'm in the same boat doing brakes with Wilwood masters and proportioning valve on e36 m3 brakes. Any tips? I heard not to use teflon on the fittings, I'm doing double flares wherever necessary.
                    Bubble flares, rather than double flares, are the BMW style before you get too far.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

I did not put sealant on my fittings at the master cylinders and obviously no sealant on the brake lines themselves. I've been using a prototype of the pedal box that garagistic now uses for over 4 years now, no leaks. Never had it back apart. Just my experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X