Blaupunkt Liverpool 110 Headunit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaupunkt Liverpool 110 Headunit

Came across a blaunpunkt deck that not only looks great but has all the bells and whistles with what appears to be red/ amber illumination. Oddly enough I can't seem to find too much information about it. I've even navigated through Blaupunkt's website to no avail. Could it be an international unit?

I'm really considering picking this up for my e30. Curious if anyone has this particular unit or something similar. Will I have buyers remorse?

s-l500 by dtmpwr, on Flickr

s-l400 by dtmpwr, on Flickr

Here's an unboxing vid,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTIrOhwc2Yk
    Last edited by Eurospec; 07-12-2017, 11:27 PM.

1990 325i
    2004 330i Individual 6-speed
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that. Please do share how you embedded. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

Comment

Glad to help out. If you quote my post, in the editor, you will see all that is required from your link address is the alphanumerics after the "equals to" sign. This code should be within the YouTube tags.

Try it out!
        1990 325i
        2004 330i Individual 6-speed
        sigpic

Comment

That is a nice, modest-looking head unit. You can also look at some of the Continental ones if you are after an OEM look.

The other thing that you can do, and I highly recommend it, is to crack open the faceplate and swap out all of the little surface mount LEDs for 605nm orange ones. It is fairly simple soldering, and it makes the unit blend in seamlessly at night. I have done it on 3 different head units (and for a few other forum members) and it was well worth the effort. Getting the brightness right is a little tricky sometimes, but I can recommend some parts that have been very good matches.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Hi! I can't see IceWhite post. Did you finally bought It? I'm also looking for It on my E30 but there is not much info or photos of It installed!
            Thanks!

Comment

Although it's NLA new, the Blaupunk 400BT can still be found. I love mine, especially with the steering wheel controls

It would be near perfect with the hack described below and changing frI'm negative to positive display like the obc with polarizing film.

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
              The other thing that you can do, and I highly recommend it, is to crack open the faceplate and swap out all of the little surface mount LEDs for 605nm orange ones. It is fairly simple soldering, and it makes the unit blend in seamlessly at night. I have done it on 3 different head units (and for a few other forum members) and it was well worth the effort. Getting the brightness right is a little tricky sometimes, but I can recommend some parts that have been very good matches.
              Last edited by robrez; 09-11-2017, 08:26 PM.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                Although it's NLA new, the Blaupunk 400BT can still be found. I love mine, especially with the steering wheel controls

It would be near perfect with the hack described below and changing frI'm negative to positive display like the obc with polarizing film.
                The photos are down! :(
                Finally I bought a Liverpool unit. I'm a little bit concerned because it doesn't appear on the Blaupunkt website and the new units have the specs not too much described on the user manual, so I'm not sure about the quality of these units. On the box it says designed and engineered in Germany, although former Blaupunkt headquarters in Hildesheim close due to bankruptcy in 2016 (maybe these are the last units ever engineered in Germany although made in China).

I will post some photos when installed. I will pair it with some Blaupunkt Velocity series speakers on my E30, since they're old, high quality and low wattage rated, perfect for running with a head without external amp (unit gives 40Wx4 max, about 20W RMS, and the speakers are about 50W RMS).

Comment

Originally posted by DaniTD View Post
                  The photos are down! :(

Photobucket links fixed thanks to this hack

Originally posted by clarkson View Post
                  So to all the photobucket users who have created build threads, if you put "~original" after the .jpg in your links your pics will work.
                  sigpic
                  January 2012 COTM

Comment

Came a little late but i had that head unit. Volume was crap and bluetooth were crap, hated it. Hopefully it serves you better.
                    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                      Came a little late but i had that head unit. Volume was crap and bluetooth were crap, hated it. Hopefully it serves you better.
                      Don't tell me that this specific model? Was it that bad?

Comment

Wasn't that terrible but it was noticeable mainly I had problems with Bluetooth and connecting. Sound quality was bleh. But I also didn't have the best speakers. You'll be fine. But I wouldn't buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                        X