No announcement yet.

Golf Thread (Not the Volkswagen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played occasionally growing up, my pops has always been a decent golfer though he didn't play much. He taught me the basics and had some clubs cut down for me. I didn't start actually playing until a couple years ago, some friends of mine worked next to a golf course and would play somewhat regularly after work. I started going out there with them and quickly realized I needed to improve my game to not embarrass myself. I went from shooting 115+ to low 90's in about a month, but that's also when I started to get into racing. I love playing, but I had to choose between racing and golf and chose racing. I still play occasionally, but the past few times I've been out I've been shooting just over 100. Given that I wasn't good to begin with and have only been playing a couple times a year it isn't so bad.

As for best outings, I've never been good so no rounds really stand out, but I've had some great random shots. I had a drive on a 350 yd par 3 that was about 10 yards short of the green, which confused the people who were putting at the time. I've also left the ball within a foot of the hole on par 3's three separate times, but no hole-in-ones and no eagles. I have never had a round where both driver and irons were working, and I'm an absolutely terrible putter.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

I love golf..... but haven't been able to play as much lately.

played on my high school team 1 state championship 1 second place

was a 8 handicap when i played all the time and once shot a 73 only one birdie and two bogeys the rest were all pars .... kinda weird it was so consistent.

many eagles but one was made from 89 yards out it was awesome. no hole-in-ones

great driver normally 280-300 yards and rarely miss fairways but then things go south...... decent putter though

my bag is older stuff now since it has been a few years of not too regular play but...
      taylormade driver
      off brand hybrids 3-5 great for anyone with long iron trouble
      taylormade r540 irons(old even when i got them but they are amazing for someone with good ball striking)
      cheap putter that beat out 200$ putters when i tried a bunch of them..... still works very naturally for me

....... brush tees........ I swear by them...... and i have already said i am good with a driver...... consider it

any e30 guys want to go golfing one day in the South Carolina lowcountry i'd be in

Comment

Nice thread. I have lived golf for a long time. Finally a thread I'll be able to lend some wisdom too!
        Best score 63, tournament 65. 1 hole in one, 165 yds, 9 iron, I still see it go in!
        Clubs - I'll just list the ones in play.
        Titleist 913 D3 8.5, 904f 3 & 5 woods.
        714 mb's 4-pw, a bit strong throughout, Vokey 50 54 60, all KBS Tour S+, 3* up.
        Ping Scottsdale Anser circa 90's.
        ProV1x

Comment

Well my instructor straightened out my fade. It was as simple as teeing the ball down a little further and shifting my stance 2 inches to the right. I'm really impressed by how effective my lessons have been.

I also gave in and bought "new" balls. usually I just hit what I find or buy the refurbished ones. I bought a pack of Bridgestone e6's, and let me tell you they hit so straight. I'm a believer. I played an executive course (with a couple long par 4's) after work yesterday and shot my lowest score ever there.

I might be overdoing it though, i'm starting to feel some pain in my right shoulder. Might have to take a few days off but I'm addicted lol. I've played or hit balls at the range every day this week.
          Instagram
          sigpic
          Current: 99 M3
          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I was on the Golf team for High school. Our home course was Bodega bay, super fucking hard. I only play 2 times a year now because I feel that it wastes my day if I go play for 4-5 hours. Still shoot low 80's high 70's with my clubs from high school. Was also on a junior golf tour but golf sucks.
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Golf Thread (Not the Volkswagen)

I play pretty often. Tournaments in the summer.
              In my bag:

Taylor made burner iron set.
              Callaway Driver 8.0 degree
              Ping Answer putter from the 60's. Solid brass head.
              Ping 60 degree wedge
              All Srixon Z-Star balls I find for free :)
              Grandparents live on a golf course. Absolute blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Nesset; 05-29-2014, 08:01 PM.
              -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
              -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
                I play pretty often. Tournaments in the summer.
                In my bag:

Taylor made burner iron set.
                Callaway Driver 8.0 degree
                Ping Answer putter from the 60's. Solid brass head.
                Ping 60 degree wedge
                All Srixon Z-Star balls I find for free :)
                Grandparents live on a golf course. Absolute blast!

I use the same kind of putter. Mine's from the 70's though I think. Still one of the originals!

How do you like that 8.0 driver? Do you have to tee it up higher?
                Instagram
                sigpic

Comment

I do. I got it for free when my grandpa got a G25 driver. That thing is pure sex in a driver lol

-1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                  -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Played Berkshire Valley in Northwest NJ yesterday and it was the tale of two nines. Was absolutely terrible on the front shooting a 52, back nine was double bogey, quadruple bogey, double bogey, then five pars and a bogey to finish the back at 45 for a 97. God awful score just couldn't get my tee shot straight and the rough on this course is treacherous in places, plus a whole bunch of water hazards that swallowed a bunch of my balls (6 lost).

The final six holes though, I was absolutely brilliant, was like I finally found my game after losing it the first 12 holes, funny game this golf is.

Comment

sparks come of my PING driver I got for free from the longest drive contest
                      "I wanna see da boat movie"
                      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                        Played Berkshire Valley in Northwest NJ yesterday and it was the tale of two nines. Was absolutely terrible on the front shooting a 52, back nine was double bogey, quadruple bogey, double bogey, then five pars and a bogey to finish the back at 45 for a 97. God awful score just couldn't get my tee shot straight and the rough on this course is treacherous in places, plus a whole bunch of water hazards that swallowed a bunch of my balls (6 lost).

The final six holes though, I was absolutely brilliant, was like I finally found my game after losing it the first 12 holes, funny game this golf is.
                        I walked 9 after work yesterday. Started with 4 triple bogies. Finished with par, par, bogie, bogie, par. I guess it just takes time to warm up sometimes lol.

One thing I've been doing for practice is I don't use a tee on par 3's. I figure it will only help my approach shot on longer holes.
                        Instagram
                        sigpic

Comment

I started golfing when I was about 10. My family was part of a country club and used to golf year round. I was really good, used to average low 80's, won most of junior tourneys. Then high school happened, ended up losing interest in golf. Last year I bought a set of clubs and started golfing again. Not nearly as good as I used to be but, now that I'm older I think I have a bit more respect for the game. I enjoy it a lot more than I used to.

Clubs:
                          Nike Forged Blades
                          Nike Forged 56 wedge
                          Odyssey putter
                          Cleavland Launcher driver

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                            sparks come of my PING driver I got for free from the longest drive contest
                            Instagram
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone have any tips for hitting fairway woods off the deck? That part of my game is a glaring need. I'm always topping the ball it seems. When I'm 200 and out from the pin, I grab a 5 iron because I know I can at least reliably hit it.
                              Instagram
                              sigpic

Comment

I always stand just a hair closer to the ball than feels right with my fairway woods. I try to hit them more like a long iron than a driver. When I stretch for the ball, I top it.
                                98 M3/4/5

Comment

Working...
                                X