Golf Thread (Not the Volkswagen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
    Sounds like a nice set up and a sweet gig you've got there. I wish I had that kind of access. Single digit handicap huh? That's impressive!
    Only downside is that we're independent contractors and not employed by Pebble Beach so we have no playing privileges we usually get hooked up at Poppy Hills and Del Monte but not Pebble, Spyglass or Spanish. Could be worse lol
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

Just bought a new set for this season after playing Tailor-made Burner 2.0 for the last 6 seasons.

Here's my new setup:

Titleist 915D3 9.5* Driver with Diamana Blue Stiff Shaft
      Taylormade SLDR 3 wood Stiff Shaft
      Taylormade SLDR 5 wood Stiff Shaft
      Titleist AP2 3-PW Dynamic Gold Stiff Shaft
      Titleist Vokey SM6 52* F Grind 8* Bounce 58* M Grind 8* Bounce
      Ancient Wilson TPA Putter that I'll never change

The 3 and 5 woods are the only hold overs from my other set, haven't decided whether I will replace them with Titleist woods or not yet. I've had the clubs for 4 weeks now and love them, played about 6 rounds in that time and I really am happy to have new sticks for this year.

Played on Sunday at Farmstead CC in Northern NJ and shot my best round ever, 78 +7. Hopefully there are more rounds in the 70's coming...

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
        Just bought a new set for this season after playing Tailor-made Burner 2.0 for the last 6 seasons.

Here's my new setup:

Titleist 915D3 9.5* Driver with Diamana Blue Stiff Shaft
        Taylormade SLDR 3 wood Stiff Shaft
        Taylormade SLDR 5 wood Stiff Shaft
        Titleist AP2 3-PW Dynamic Gold Stiff Shaft
        Titleist Vokey SM6 52* F Grind 8* Bounce 58* M Grind 8* Bounce
        Ancient Wilson TPA Putter that I'll never change

The 3 and 5 woods are the only hold overs from my other set, haven't decided whether I will replace them with Titleist woods or not yet. I've had the clubs for 4 weeks now and love them, played about 6 rounds in that time and I really am happy to have new sticks for this year.

Played on Sunday at Farmstead CC in Northern NJ and shot my best round ever, 78 +7. Hopefully there are more rounds in the 70's coming...
        How do you like the AP2's? If I were to buy a new set today I think it would be those, but I can't justify it at this point. I'm with you on the putter... I use a Ping Anser from like 1980 and I'm just plain used to it. Plus it shines up nice when I hit it with some steel wool :)

My bag as of today:
        TaylorMade RBZ 10.5* Regular
        TaylorMade RBZ 17* Regular
        Taylormade RBZ 21* Regular
        Callaway Diablo Edge 4H
        Callaway Diablo Edge 5i-PW
        Cleveland Niblick GW (49), SW (56)
        Ping Anser

My 14th club rotates between a Callaway Diablo Edge 3H and a Cleveland Niblick PW (42) depending on the day.

Noob sticks galore :)
        Instagram
        sigpic
        Current: 99 M3
        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Honestly, I love them, haven't completely adjusted to them yet coming from the more game improvement Burner 2.0s, but when you hit them right it's nearly effortless and the ball flies straight and true. I honestly feel as though I swing about 75% the effort of before and the ball goes just as far.

I didn't think I'd be able to stomach the price either, but my way around it was to ask my family members to simply give me visa gift cards for Christmas. That way I pooled all of them and that paid for nearly half of my entire purchase, allowing me to pick up the 915 D3 driver as well. I know it's just psychology and I still paid like $1800 all in, but in my mind I only spent $950 out of pocket so the blow was softened somewhat in my mind.

Comment

During the summer I try to golf once a week. Just got back out on the course last week after a winter hiatus. +10-12 handicap.

In the bag:
            9.0 degree callaway big bertha alpha driver
            13 degree Cleveland steelhead 3 wood
            Ping Eye 2 4 wood
            titleist 990 dci irons 3-pw
            52 and 56 degree titleist vokey wedge
            Odyssey white ice #9 mallet style putter
            1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
            1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
            E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

I wish I could get back out there, but I drove home in falling snow today. Still over a month off getting out on the course.

Comment

I was looking into some AP2s just last month. I honestly just want to upgrade cuz my current clubs are a bit dated. I may stick with them tho because its hard to justify spending a bunch on clubs, when the ones I have right now I hit just fine.

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

I just orderd a set of taylor made psi irons. Upgrading from a set of titleist 990 as well. Man a lot has changed in the 18yrs since I last bought irons. Like no one sells 2 or 3 irons anymore wtf. Gonna try to get more serious this summer about playing and lowering my score. Next up is a new putter. Love my answer, but some of the new putters just feel so stable.

I used to be a golf course superintendent, but recently made the switch to the sales side of the buisness. I will def be playing more golf and need to at least present and play respectable now. Distance has never been an issue for me. Its all about control, or lack of for me. I constantly fight a hook. I just always find my hands rolling over at impact and quack quack quack. I will def be takinv a few lessons as well.
                  Last edited by naplesE30; 04-14-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Some pictures of my old course.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back from 4 days in Myrtle Beach, played these courses:

Wild Wing Plantation: Avocet Course
                      Barefoot Golf Resort: Dye Course
                      Barefoot Golf Resort: Fazio Course
                      Oceanridge Plantation: Leopard's Chase
                      Oceanridge Plantation: Tiger's Eye

I was there with one of my brothers and two of my best friends, naturally we drank a lot. Best round was on the Dye Course (Which I actually thought was the most difficult, maybe with Leopard's Chase as difficult) of 87, which is good, but I started -1 through 6 holes and then it unraveled a bit over the next four, then pretty much played either par or bogey through to the end.

Really nice courses down in SC, will definitely head down there again.

Comment

Finally upgraded my old DCI irons. Bought a set of Srixon z355s (lightly used) and got to play them for the first time yesterday. Very impressed with these clubs. They hit very consistent and swinging them feels almost effortless. Would recommend.

Also managed to knock one close with my PW. One of the best golf purchases I've made

E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Working...
                        X