e34 530i clutch stack height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 530i clutch stack height

I'm trying to put together a clutch setup for my 540 5-speed swap and I need a measurement of the total stack height of the clutch and flywheel on the 530. Hoping someone has one apart at the moment that they can measure for me. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by iXguido; 04-03-2016, 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling

TTV in England use to sell a single mass flywheel for the M60 that would allow the use of a S52 clutch. Might be a good alternative to piecing a setup together. I was going to go buy one, but ended up selling the car instead.

I use to have a spare clutch and flywheel in my garage, but I'll have to look to see if I still have it. I'll check tonight and take some measurements if I still have it.

*Sorry, I checked and no longer have the clutch and flywheel.
    Last edited by JoeP; 04-12-2016, 02:21 PM. Reason: Update information

Comment

if you are trying to cobble together something, its been figured out already.

see post #15 in this thread:
      Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

this biggest obstacle is that the 530i 5-speed has a smaller input shaft size, so you can't use any of the larger 540i clutch stuff.

if you know all this, and are getting the info for other reasons, maybe the above thread can give you different options for what other parts can be measured to give you the same stack height. not too many 530i/5 guys around.

Comment

Working...
      X