Help me identify this bracket....left over after tear down, whoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me identify this bracket....left over after tear down, whoops

Hi guys, been slowly putting my e30 back together after I tore her down to do some maintenance over the winter. Welllllll everything is going well except now I have an extra bracket and can't seem to figure out what it's for!!

I had thought this piece simply screwed onto the intake manifold near the idle control valve mounting bracket however that doesn't seem to be the case.

Does anyone have any ideas about where this piece belongs or what it does/holds?

Also sorry about the image....not sure what imgur is doing and I'm on mobile so....

Been a while since I worked on a M20 but If I remember right that should be the ICV support bracket that the rubber support ring slides into.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sh View Post
      Been a while since I worked on a M20 but If I remember right that should be the ICV support bracket that the rubber support ring slides into.
      Close, that one is slightly different and already present on my car!

I thought for a second it was the o2 support or something, but that also seems to not be the case. I went through almost all the realoem diagrams looking for this!

I'm starting to think I am either going crazy, or this piece is from the plethora of left over Alfa Romeo parts of my dad's and it somehow got into my misc. screw/parts tray for my e30.....

but I seriously don't see how that would be possible. This has to go to my car :(

Comment

I think it might be a bracket that holds one of the wiring harness connectors up by the diagnostic plug.

The E30 collection:
        1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
        1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
        1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
        1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
        1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
        1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
        1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
        2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
        2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

I've got all plugs accounted for on the diagnostic port housing bracket (2 - CPS and pulse wire from ignition wires

Comment

cruise control at the intake? I sold my m20 car and only have 4 cylinders now so I can't go look. I think a plastic piece inserts into the square hole that allows either the cruise control or throttle or auto transmission kick down cable to pivot.

Comment

Nope, I've got all my throttle body stuffs accounted for, cruise control including. Any other ideas guys? At this rate I'm just going to leave it off the car lol

Comment

If the parts came off an automatic and you have a 5 speed, there is one more bracket for the kick down cable not found on the 5 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlem View Post
                  If the parts came off an automatic and you have a 5 speed, there is one more bracket for the kick down cable not found on the 5 speed.
                  I hear you. This is just a 5 speed and everything is only from my car.

Comment

Not sure off you figured it out already, but I just took my oil pan off and that looks awfully similar to the oil level sender connection holder

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Like so...

Don't mind the mess. It'll all be clean going back together. Bought it this way.

Comment

You owe yosh a six pack

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
                          You owe yosh a six pack
                          What he said. Jk.

Comment

Working...
                          X