half finished wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half finished wiring

I picked up this 87 325i for next to nothing because the previous owner said it wouldn't start. It's not getting any spark and I'm betting it's the half-assed wiring under the dash if you know what anything is lemme know. It's been pretty well gutted, no window motors, power locks, heater, stereo. It has the gauge cluster connected, ecu, box above ecu, little emergency light cluster windshield wipers, turn signals and backup switch.

Two random green plugs
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2 green ramdoms.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	7250603

I think this went to the cruise control box under the dash

Name:	cruise controll plug.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	7250604

headlight switch, headlights don't work either, I'll trace these cut ones in a Bently manual

Name:	headlights.jpg
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	7250605d

random white plug under the dash.

Name:	white round clip.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	7250606

apparently, this is all you need at the white distribution boxes, left wires to headlights, right one dont know

Name:	white dist box.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	7250607

Update, so I dont care about the abs connector, the headlight switch just had the brown ground wire cut so no problem, I still don't know about the green connectors, still won't start and I think it has something to do with these two wires.

Name:	20170716_121955_resized.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	7192387
    These red and green wires come from the fuse box, probably from the ignition switch. If anyone can just look and tell me where they go to in their car it save me some headache.

Comment

Working...
    X