Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little white 318i

Hi

thought i would introduce myself, my names matt and im from Canberra Australia. I got my first e30 about 3 weeks ago picked up only just around the corner from where i live and it passed a road worthy first go with out a problems nice car to drive but needs a few bits. any way this is what i have done so far

the day i picked it up which was a few days after i checked it out the first time and got all misty

its a 1990 S2 318i with a M40

i started cleaning up the inside and engine bay to start with. the inside i must of been seeing a starry mist come over me cause there was a few things i missed the carpet was super dirty and had a few spots of mold, i checked the car out when it was getting a little dark and the smell i just put down to the couple i got it off who had two small kits and and the bad lavender air freshener.

any way i ended up pulling all the boot carpet and and everything else in the boot and well it got worse and worse ( photos tell more than words)but at the moment i think i got it pretty clean and smell free. I haven't put it back in yet cause i got to change the left hand tail light seal and a small bit of rust around the light.
    just a few photos of what i found and how it looks now, forgot to take some photos of the clean carpet tho.

starting to get clean

next i started with in engine and got a few things changed over that i wasnt sure about as the odometer had stopped and didnt want to risk it so changed the oil, plugs, timing belt, water pump and was very happy i did as the water pump was about to pack it in with the big crack in it.

Didnt take to many photos just wanted to get it done

The engine is still pretty ticky it needs lifters but not sure i wanna do them or change the engine. its nothing fast but i really like driving it.

next i started on the interior and holy s### this poor car has had some bad owners and have not taken any care with cleaning it.

i went about taking out all the seats and centre console and giving everything a really good bath and clean and as you can see by the photos it really needed it. took so much time and my steam cleaner got a work out but im so much happier and everything doesnt smell any more.

also found an old nokia hands free with big speaker all tucked up and wires everywhere under the dash so that came out too

gave it a bit of a vac

then time for a big clean

i was going to take the carpet out but just didnt end up having enough time to pull it out but pretty happy with what i ended up with. I chucked the front floor mats in the sink with some really hot water and soap and ended up turning the water black in about 30 seconds so left it in there for a bit and washed them about 4 times they were so dirty. very happy with them now.

forgot to get photos of them all clean but they look a million times better than they did

the plans for the car is to keep pretty mild with some nice wheels a few nice bits and pieces and thinking bilsteins and H&R springs. not to sure on what wheels to go with yet but thinking some nice 15s but we will see what turns up when i get there.

thanks for looking and i will try and keep it up to date
    Last edited by blinkx; 07-26-2017, 04:00 AM. Reason: needed to add photos

great progress! good save on the water pump. I know mine is due for a change, but it will probably be in the Autumn time.

Comment

i was really shocked when i pulled it out cause it wasn't making any noise and it wasnt getting hot at all.

Lucky save tho, its worth a change for the price.

Comment

In other news i have been doing a bit of work on the inside of the car to make it a bit nicer

I work on EVOs quite a bit at work and picked up a car for wrecking which i got the seats from and i was going to put them in my MK1 golf/rabbit for the US and then when i picked this up and the interior was blue i couldn't not put them in. so i did a bit of measuring and made some small plates to make them fit.

it was dark tonight when i finished so couldnt get the best photos so i will put some nicer ones up soon. i also put in a nice sabelt steering wheel which i will get some nice photos of too

heres what they look like at the moment.

Thanks for looking

Comment

Nice work - I've always pondered how difficult it would be to fit the EVO Recaros & how'd they look in the e30 as they can be had very cheaply.

I look forward to some daylight photos, but looking good so far!
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
          X