Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x8 or 16x9? Flares or no flares? Need recommendation/suggestion

Hey guys!
    So im looking at getting a set of Fifteen52 Formula TR's and theyre offered in the 4x100 bolt pattern at 16x8 or 16x9. Im back and forth on which size i want. Ive seen some people run the 16x8 with 225/45 tires and have no big issue other than running spacers up front for steering clearance.
    Ive considered the 16x9 and getting some Kamotors fender flares and am curious to know if anyone has experience with this size wheel and what tire they can fit? The end project for my car will be turbo'd but tires are due soon so I'd like to just get wheels and tires done ahead of time.

16x8 with 225/45 seems to be the safe way. Curious if you can fit larger tires?

or would 16x9 work with flares? and what tires fit that well?

Any help would be great. Thanks!
    1986 325
    1988 325is 2.7 Stroker

I haven't personally done it but I had a friend run 16x7.5 et20 205/55 up front and a 16x9 et15 225/50 rear. Not sure if he had any major rubbing problems or not though :/
    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

16x9 et15 215/45 no rub

Switching to 225/45 when these wear out - it might touch a bit on huge bumps since the car is lowered.

Are their wheels made to order? Ask if you can get a higher offset. I have a lot of room between my tire and trailing arm.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I have 225/45R16 all around.
        16x8 ET20 (fits that way, but eventually added a 12mm spacer, so effectively ET8) up front
        16x9 ET15 rear. (I wish I'd have bought these for the front too)
        Rolled/pulled somewhat.
        Late model.

I want to run 245/45 in the rear next time, but et15 might be pushing it. I think ET25 would make it a joke to fit the 245, and et20 should work pretty well.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          I have 225/45R16 all around.
          16x8 ET20 (fits that way, but eventually added a 12mm spacer, so effectively ET8) up front
          16x9 ET15 rear. (I wish I'd have bought these for the front too)
          Rolled/pulled somewhat.
          Late model.

I want to run 245/45 in the rear next time, but et15 might be pushing it. I think ET25 would make it a joke to fit the 245, and et20 should work pretty well.
          So you got the rear fenders rolled/pulled to fit the 16x9's? and you're saying et15 would push the wheel too close to the inside of the well correct? Sorry Im still trying to grasp wheel measurements.

I take it the spacer up front is to prevent rubbing when at turning lock?

You appear to have the setup Im hoping to accomplish :)
          1986 325
          1988 325is 2.7 Stroker

Comment

I run 16x9 with a 225/45 in the back with messaged fenders, doesn't rub. I will be going 245 this winter and putting the 225s on the fronts
            '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by azndeugene View Post
              So you got the rear fenders rolled/pulled to fit the 16x9's? and you're saying et15 would push the wheel too close to the inside of the well correct? Sorry Im still trying to grasp wheel measurements.

I take it the spacer up front is to prevent rubbing when at turning lock?

You appear to have the setup Im hoping to accomplish :)

Rears were rolled/pulled to clear my old wheels, 205/50 on 15x7 et0. I didn't need to do anything else to fit the 16x9 et15 and 225/45. If I ran a 245, I would probably need to pull/roll more because it would hit the arch. I'm 99% sure there's more than enough space on the inside.

Up front I put the 12mm spacer on because the 16x8 et20 wheel looked sunk in compared to the rear. It worked fine before the spacer went on. With the spacer, I needed to pull more and make room in front (With offset CABs - THR eyeballs.)

Probably would be less work to run a thinner spacer.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I know its an older thread but what would be the perfect offset front and rear for 16x8 to run 225/45R16?
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                  I know its an older thread but what would be the perfect offset front and rear for 16x8 to run 225/45R16?
                  I also wonder? ...
                  1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                  1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                  1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                  1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                  2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                  2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                  2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                  2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Working...
                  X