No announcement yet.

Austin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving work now. Stopping for beer first.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Glad everyone showed up, great to meet all of you!

And Paul, I have those early model front and rear window filler strips. You might need a new rubber surround, but I dunno, maybe you can make it work without.
      The filler strips I have are chrome colored by the way.

Comment

success! we're not social retards. :)

Comment

It was good meeting the faces behind the names. We need to figure this wrench day out. My kybs were waiting for me when I got home. Just a few more parts and ill be ready for coilovers.

Comment

Great to hear we got a meeting going! I'm sad I missed it, but Im down for a wrench/beer day comin up

Comment

Originally posted by Delraco View Post
              Glad everyone showed up, great to meet all of you!

And Paul, I have those early model front and rear window filler strips. You might need a new rubber surround, but I dunno, maybe you can make it work without.
              The filler strips I have are chrome colored by the way.
              I'll have to get those from you sometime, but I think the surrounds are OK.

It was good to meet all of you too, finally, now to make this a more regular thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Anybody good at extracting broken bolts? I have a sub frame bolt that needs to come out

Comment

Are they stuck? Have you dug out all the foam on the top of the bolts inside the car?

Comment

My bad, I meant cross member. I broke one off when I replaced my pan the first time.

Comment

Did you try and drop the subframe to change the pan? I've never drilled out a major bolt like that but I would assume with an extractor set it should work just the same.

Comment

I did at first for more clearance, then I just loosened the motor mounts and put a jack under the AC compressor

Comment

Hey everyone, I currently pieced together the 5 speed swap and looking for someone that is able to do it. Please let me know, my automatic tranny is slowly giving up on me and its driving me crazy. Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

How much of the bolt is sticking out?

Comment

El Bimmer, all I'm going to say is wrench night. I know most of us can do it, so its up to you on when you want it done.

Eric, its about a thread or two into the frame

Comment

And bimmer I've done the swap before its not that bad as long as you have the space and all of the parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X