2jzgte+ 85 325e= Possible/cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jdm
    im sure that with the money he spent he could have got tcds kit and had 290hp and had some extra $$
    Not sure on what or how much this kit is you speak of, but tha 1jz and 2jz engines have huge potential per dollar spent.

I am budgeting around $25,000 AUS ready to roll, including the cost of the car and everything else. This should net over 500hp atw's, and I doubt you'd easily get anywhere near that figure from parts sourced locally and put into/onto a BMW engine unfortunately.
    E30 BMW + 2JZGTE
    www.cardomain.com/id/BMWTurbo

Comment

im not saying that those motors dont have a large potentail...we all know that a 2jz can yeild 1k hp with boltons...and we all know those cars are dyno queens what i was saying is that the money spent would excess that of turboing the I motor with TCD's kit....also i have no idea how much 25,000 aus is
      JDM no more

Comment

Originally posted by Jdm
        im sure that with the money he spent he could have got tcds kit and had 290hp and had some extra $$
        I would have considered turboing the M20 if it wasn't F*#ked.

At the mo I have spent about as much as you guy's in the US spend on a S50 swap (and get 230rwhp with mods???).
        But I have 292rwhp without touching the engine, Porsche BBK, Koni coilovers, E36 5lug swap, custom radiator & intercooler.
        Also tell me how many reliable miles people have done on their 290hp M20's, bimmerjim has killed at least one running ~290hp.

Back on topic, A 1jz/2jz are prolly one of the tightest fits into a E30 besides a M60/62, it's no walk in the park, but not impossible
        292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

$25,000 AUS = $19,214 USD. I have never heard of an S50 swap costing that much, its pretty safe to say it can be done for $5,000 US. Add an Active Autowerke Stage 3 turbo for $10,900 and you have 420hp @ 11psi for less money and a lot less hassle than the 2JZ. I'm not saying either or swap is better, just offering a counter point. I know in the end a 2JZ probably has more potential than an S50, but once you get over 300-400HP in an E30, its silly anyways.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
            $25,000 AUS = $19,214 USD. I have never heard of an S50 swap costing that much, its pretty safe to say it can be done for $5,000 US. Add an Active Autowerke Stage 3 turbo for $10,900 and you have 420hp @ 11psi for less money and a lot less hassle than the 2JZ. I'm not saying either or swap is better, just offering a counter point. I know in the end a 2JZ probably has more potential than an S50, but once you get over 300-400HP in an E30, its silly anyways.
            Thats what BMWTurbo is spending and is going to be a show car also I believe.

I've spent ~$6000US on my swap, which as I said covers BBK, suspension & custom radiators etc...

Comment

I guess it comes down to waht you want from the car...

I was including the purchase cost of the car, paint, race seats, harness, engineer's approval, M5 LSD, much larger brakes, Autronic (EMS), highly upgraded fuel system, fully rebuilt aut/convertor, wheels, slicks, intercooler, radiator etc etc etc...

Hence the figures you mention aren't an accurate indication, having said that, I may have been suaded to go with something someone else has designed, but where's the fun in that :)
              E30 BMW + 2JZGTE
              www.cardomain.com/id/BMWTurbo

Comment

For your eyes only :P

How about this.....
                1/4 mile at 9 sec.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

Holy shit, those rear fenders are awesome.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

JDM no more

Comment

I dunno if you can really call that a E30 still, other than it looks like one!!!

V.interesting though!!

Comment

holy shiza.
                        -alex
                        i take pictures.

Comment

is that an M-TechI boot lip?

seriously, its also hard to compare swaps and stuff across int'l markets. the price for us to do swaps and source BMW motors and such is alot different to how it is in the states. this is why u see a lot of hybrid build cars here. cant compare apples to oranges when it comes to costs and such.
                          sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

What engine is that?

Is it a twin turbo I-4?
                            San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

^ 2j
                              sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

^
                                ^
                                Yeh...it's 2JZ GTE fully mod.
                                actually this is not a legal street car...it's mod for 1/4 mile race....
                                Just looks really good in E30 body...

Don't you think so? :D :D

Comment

Working...
                                X