Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vert hard top roof rack DIY (really fits...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump..... did any one else do this?

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
      bump..... did any one else do this?
      I did. easiest shit ever.

Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
      LSx e36TI coming soon
      Originally posted by s0urce
      Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerkarl View Post
          Great job!!
          Thanks man, I did one thing different though. I used the factory screws and just used a 5/8th (I have to double check) Countersink bit to widen the hole enough for the oem screw to fit through. I'll grab a pic of the bit and one of the landing pads so people can see what I mean.

Thank you for this though, feels good to have a hardtop AND a bike rack.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
          Last edited by 325_e30; 01-15-2016, 07:57 AM.
          LSx e36TI coming soon

Comment

buying the stuff this week
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

is landing pad #4 the same as #1? they look the same

Comment

So I went to REI and took both #4 and #1 out of the packages and measured them. They are the same, even have it molded into the part so don't worry about getting one or the other.

Comment

Just curious if anyone has looked into the oem racks for newer bmw's. They are attached in a fixed point so seems like they would work on the e30 hardtop

bimmerkarl, dude your pics are down
                  Last edited by ///M42 sport; 07-10-2014, 08:42 PM.
                  Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                  http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Definitely need to do this! What were the "special screws" for?
                    '93 E30 325ic - CURRENT | '99 E36 M3 - SOLD | '94 E34 530i - SOLD

"I hit the gasser, go faster, all you hear is dual exhaust flowmaster."

Comment

Just checked my pics, they seem to work for me... I used the screws listed because I wanted to remove minimal material from the landing pad and still have good contact with the fastener to roof anchor nut. Plus using the listed screws allows you to set up the rack for perfect fitment with a bit of "wiggle room" for the landing pads.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerkarl View Post
                        Just checked my pics, they seem to work for me... I used the screws listed because I wanted to remove minimal material from the landing pad and still have good contact with the fastener to roof anchor nut. Plus using the listed screws allows you to set up the rack for perfect fitment with a bit of "wiggle room" for the landing pads.
                        Ahhh gotcha, thanks man!
                        '93 E30 325ic - CURRENT | '99 E36 M3 - SOLD | '94 E34 530i - SOLD

"I hit the gasser, go faster, all you hear is dual exhaust flowmaster."

Comment

U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          feedback http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...32#post4540332

1972 2002 Chamonix
                          1984 325e Hennarot (M20B31)
                          1988 325is Bronzite Time Capsule

Comment

Hello guys I've started gathering the Yakima parts needed for this mod. I just want to confirm that the Yakima control towers are the correct ones. I have stumbled upon a Yakima part number foe the Control Towers of #00214. Can someone please confirm before I make the final purchase tomorrow? Thank you and Merry Christmas

Comment

Bump anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by vvaughn View Post
                                Hello guys I've started gathering the Yakima parts needed for this mod. I just want to confirm that the Yakima control towers are the correct ones. I have stumbled upon a Yakima part number foe the Control Towers of #00214. Can someone please confirm before I make the final purchase tomorrow? Thank you and Merry Christmas
                                Originally posted by vvaughn View Post
                                Bump anyone?
                                With OP's post there shouldn't really be any questions. Control towers are control towers. DO NOT get Q towers or rail grabs. You just need to make sure you have the correct landing pad for our hardtops.
                                LSx e36TI coming soon

Comment

Working...
                                X