X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-subbed since you're moving threads
    '91 325i

Comment

Not enough mad wings or power for proper Grp. B greatness, but I'll trust that'll be fixed in due time. Also it needs some Martini racing livery.

Still, I'm looking forward to this.

'93 Daytonaviolett Touring Design Edition

Comment

Im looking into big brakes right now, emailed this company earlier today to see what they can do for e30s.

Comment

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
          i've always been partial to steamrollin'. looks like you could fit 295s possibly 315s, in there, haha.
          Wondering about this aswell. Looks like the widebody is capable of housing a much wider setup. It makes the 255s look like 225s :p
          The Great Big M20 Timing Belt DIY

Some good information I've found online (no affiliation):
          Turbo Tech (Garrett)
          Four-cycle information and cam properties for beginners (ISKY Racing Cams)

Comment

I have some 20mm rear spacers coming to fill out the rear a bit better as temporary setup until new wheels are purchased. ET 0 with 17x9s :D
            Also going to need some new wheel studs, probably going to get that off of here.

Comment

Im feeling nostalgic for owning this car three years now. So ill post some pictures of how far it has come.
              When I first got it was an auto stock seta, first gear went 60+ ;D

Chrome bottle caps FTW.
              Then I lowered it.

The got a new set of wheels.

New wheels tires, five speed, meth, turbo....

Auto cross.

No more spoiler

Comment

good times,much memories

7speedshop.com

Comment

Stacking p shop on p shop yo.

I know what wheels I want now. Its decided.
                  Dem wheels

Comment

I'm looking at BBK's as well. Summit (local) has the 4x100 hats for $124 the get the rotor size ya need nad have someone fab you a bracket for say a C5/C6 caliper. :)

Comment

You dont say, Ill have to look into that. Sounds like a cheap method to get decent brakes.

Comment

C5 OE rotor is 325mm/12.8" 4pot. I also looked at VR4 setups and they are 300mm 4 pots. Both are thinner profile calipers and the C5 is just damned cheap with the number of re manufactures(kore3 is a common one).

Comment

Quick crappy cell phone picture, this is with et0 in the rear.

Comment

Starting to plan out the twin charged aspect to this build with some of my drawings( Terrible) and diagrams.
                            Theres a few ways twin charging can be done.

This is the way I am leaning, while the second is how denny's is setup and the third kinda hypothetical idea that Im not planning on using.

1:

I may have to consider throttle body position on this, not sure where exactly quite yet. More research to do.

2. Dennys setup from what I understand.

3. An idea similar to twin turbo setups.

Comment

How much hp/tq are you shooting for? A twincharged setup is a lot of complexity and pretty minor gains for the effort. With a decent turbo like an EFR 7163 or an EFR 7064 you will have crazy transient response and much less complexity.

Im sure you have thought about it, but figured I would throw it out there.
                              -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Its not about peak Hp so to speak. Its about having the best of both worlds and me wanting to be overly complicated.

Comment

Working...
                                X