Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Garage in central RI with everything you could ever need!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Garage in central RI with everything you could ever need!

Hey guys. I just wanted to post this here to let everyone in the area know about a do your own maintenance garage I heard about from another R3v member. I went there yesterday and replaced my entire suspension and it was a really good experience.

You pay to rent out a bay with a lift either by hour, day, week, month, project, whatever you need and you do YOUR OWN maintenance. This place is amazing. Each bay has its own toolbox, work table, and TV, and of course a lift. They have all kinds of special tools and they have Snap On's version of all data to help you out, I used a Haynes manual anyway because I had it with me. They have a spring compressor, hydraulic press, tire mount/balancer, and pretty much anything else you could possibly need.

The owners were both walking around assisting with maintenance and helping some of the other people out with stuff they had questions on. They were super friendly and useful. All in all it was an awesome experience. The prices are way better than I expected and the place has really thought of everything, from having parts delivered that you may have forgotten, to recommending where to order pizza from.

I highly recommend it for anyone who, like me, lives in an apartment where you're not allowed to work on your car, or for anyone who is just looking for a better more comfortable place to do some more in depth work. Please spread the word. :)

Shop info:
    Gearhead Systems International
    250 Oakland Beach Ave, Warwick, RI 02889

wow. My brother was planning to open this business around philly. It's great someone else did it first. How much day charge per hour ? or day ?

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
    Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

$150 a day for bay/lift/tools according to website

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
      Angus
      88 E30M3 X2
      89 325IX
      92 R100GS/PD
      :)

Comment

Yea, that's accurate. And they have all kinds of other things for sale, cheap, in case you need them and forgot your own, ie safety glasses, shop towels, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting that they let you moonlight out of their facility. Most DIY places I know of do not allow that.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yea, actually a guy I know has a shop down the road, which recently caught on fire, and apparently he had been working out of there to keep some of his clients

Comment

How is the new setup treating you? Riding nice I bet!!
              sigpic

Comment

Omg it's better than I thought it would be!

Comment

Nice!! It's sitting perfect!! PERFECT!
                  sigpic

Comment

that's a wicked cool place I would definitely use it to put my b27 on a stand if I had the space to work on it during the winter =P
                    BMW tech
                    Umass Amherst
                    05 wrx sti

Comment

wow this is awesome. Anyone know of anything like this in Albany, NY??

Comment

I cant believe I live 5 minutes away and have never even heard of this place until just now... fuck

Comment

Originally posted by makjur View Post
                          I cant believe I live 5 minutes away and have never even heard of this place until just now... fuck
                          Yea, it used to be Suzuki world. Much better use of space now of course.

Comment

Originally posted by aegul44 View Post
                            wow. My brother was planning to open this business around philly. It's great someone else did it first. How much day charge per hour ? or day ?
                            their are actually in Florida too and they been around for a while so not the first.

Comment

Working...
                            X