High Plains Raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Plains Raceway

Anybody been there? Looks like a nice track and FB pictures show some E30's on track. Is there a series like the PNW Pro3 Series run there? (M3 wont run in same class)

I Like that the runoff areas look huge so little damage during off track excursions, no big trees around....gets good reviews as a well run facility.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
    Angus
    88 E30M3 X2
    89 325IX
    92 R100GS/PD
    :)

I go w/ bmwcca every year. Always a good time. Don't know about any series run out there.

Comment

The only track I've been to, but I have gone about 5 times. Plenty of run off areas, minimal walls, seems like a good place to explore the limits of your car.

Emich Track Day 10/25/2015 at High Plains Raceway in Colorado.Camera flipped up as I started passing some of my buddies in the 1600 racecar, 325i, 535i, and ...

http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Yes ,video looks good ,should be great for stretching the M3 legs

Angus
        88 E30M3 X2
        89 325IX
        92 R100GS/PD

Comment

Angus, We were just there the week before last. I picked up a 318is but it blew a plastic coolant hose on the way to the track that morning :(

It a fun/challenging course.
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

My e30 has been there several times with several drivers. I've spun 3 different cars at 3 different turns without any real damage.

Comment

One of my videos from last month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq6S-jrak6s

Comment

Nice video, too bad its only 360p. Thats the lap that the 02 started stuttering and broken down the next lap.

same session, different view

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I thought I was shooting in 720, but either the file got changed in my gopro for storage space or I had my setting messed up.

Comment

Bump for April 10th.

Comment

Woot woot!!

Got some stickers for maximum horsepowers!! LLAMA POWER!!

Comment

Less than a week out. WOOT woot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spdracrm3 View Post
                          Yes ,video looks good ,should be great for stretching the M3 legs

Are you joining this weekend?
                          http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Originally posted by tschultz View Post
                            Are you joining this weekend?
                            Dont know anything about it, whats going on?
                            still don't have cage finished in track car and street M3 isn't liscensed yet.

Angus
                            88 E30M3 X2
                            89 325IX
                            92 R100GS/PD

Comment

Emich Track Day is held 2x a year at High Plains Raceway—Join to Drive your Car at the Track! Hosted by Emich VW, Emich Kia, and Emich Chevy.

Did some repairs on the car today including strapping the battery down, passenger door handle/card, removed useless wiring, fixed trunk light, made a mount for my secondary engine temp gauge out of the factory 6 button obc face plate. Bummer my bumper mounts havent come but everything else is looking in place. Cross my fingers the car holds up unlike the last attempt back in october. Passed the 4000 mile mark since getting it fixed!

Comment

Working...
                              X