2.7I turbo questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7I turbo questions

Hello I am new to this site and there is probably other threads answering these questions but it's easier to get them all in one place. So to start off I am new to bmw, what would I need to use an I head on my car? I have a 1984 325e manual. I would also like to boost the engine after I get the I head. I know all of the mechanical parts I will need, but not a clue on the Eletrical. I have read a few threads saying you want a mega squirt but, not sure how to hook everything up or what needs to be hooked up. I should have mentioned before I am looking for 350-400 whp and still be able to run it everyday.

The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Research is going to help you tremendously as it did for me.
      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

As red said, research research research. There are plenty of threads out there filled with info and plenty of build threads.

My one word of advice regarding the 2.7i (eta bottom + i head) is that unless you get a SETA bottom end you should replace the rings on the pistons to i piston rings. The ETA oiling rings can't keep up with the higher RPMs and you will burn oil on decel like I do above 5k rpm.
        2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

if your going to use a "I" head, look in to miller performance, a lot more easier then Mega squirt.
          i haven't heard a lot of great things on doing the 2.7i, I would just get a good used m20b25 engine and swap it, wouldn't be much more.
          WTB:m60b40 in PNW
          Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
          92 525it 5 speed.
          80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

^ I have heard the exact opposite... Miller is garbage compared to Whodwho PnP MS
            2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Working...
            X