No announcement yet.

Diamantschwarz Forever: An E30 Love Story. Re-shell & Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Hope to see see / meet as many of you as possible through my journey with this new shell.

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
    Im glad you're still alive tho man, there are other e30s out there. When you get one. Make sure to comment a pic of it here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you, but I already did! The car sitting on Alpinas in the last few photos is the replacement shell! It's identical to the old one though so that's probably why you missed it

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
    glad your ok, will be following new car
    Thank you Matt, excited to put your boots on my when I put the interior back together in the late winter / early spring.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Car was smashed a lot harder than I thought!

Hopefully you're still considering a daily to let LA beat up on and let the E30 sit in a nice safe garage
    Thanks Simon, we STILL need to get together sometime soon. I am now taking the Metrolink/Metro, which gets me to work in under an hour door to door.
    Wish I had known this back when I was doing 2+ hours each way in the old shell before it got wrecked.

Originally posted by bmwsone01 View Post
    Sorry about that. Your twin (my old 318i) got totaled too :(

Glad you're back in another.
    Sorry to hear that! Do you have any photos of it or any parts left out of it that you haven't put onto your 318is? ALSO...I see you have a 318is now.
    Are you by chance the guy with the silver 318is on Ronals in the Sunset?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Dude hell yeah ! Sorry im at work so I couldn't look through it all! But that's awesome. I'm way over here in NC tho so i guess we will just be able to comment through rev haha

e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

ANOTHER SACRIFICIAL e30........ILOVE THESE CARS!
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
          Thanks Simon, we STILL need to get together sometime soon. I am now taking the Metrolink/Metro, which gets me to work in under an hour door to door.
          Wish I had known this back when I was doing 2+ hours each way in the old shell before it got wrecked.
          Yea dude, public transit in LA really isnt that bad depending on where you go. This is definitely a way to go in your case. You get to browse r3v while everyone else sits in traffic!

ps LOVE the avatar.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Glad you're moving forward with the project, Sina!
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
              Dude hell yeah ! Sorry im at work so I couldn't look through it all! But that's awesome. I'm way over here in NC tho so i guess we will just be able to comment through rev haha

No, I drove this thing through the Smokey Mountains/NC back in June and intend on doing it again next summer in this new shell, when it's done.

This time, will need to hit the TOD as well!

Yea dude, public transit in LA really isnt that bad depending on where you go. This is definitely a way to go in your case. You get to browse r3v while everyone else sits in traffic!

ps LOVE the avatar.
              Haha thanks! Gotta rep the Persian/Assyrian/Armenian brotherhood fam.

And yes, it's really nice. Only downside is I've been online buying too many car parts while riding the train

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Glad you're moving forward with the project, Sina!
              Thanks! Stay tuned, just started stripping the old shell and taking inventory of the parts. WAY more to come on this long weekend starting this evening. :devil:

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post

Haha thanks! Gotta rep the Persian/Assyrian/Armenian brotherhood fam.

And yes, it's really nice. Only downside is I've been online buying too many car parts while riding the train

Thanks! Stay tuned, just started stripping the old shell and taking inventory of the parts. WAY more to come on this long weekend starting this evening. :devil:
                haha If only he would rep it too :rippedoff:

Buying car parts is never a bad thing, as long as you're buying them for a car you own. I hate getting these ideas, buy parts for a car I plan on owning down the road then later having to sell it... I restrict myself now to only having a few extra E30 parts sitting around. I try to get everything installed ASAP.

long weekend?!? Dont you love bank holidays? We're tied to the market so unfortunately we are open tomorrow, but we get most of the bank holidays off too. Columbus is my favorite day off haha
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Zero parts left. Completely totaled.

No. That's not me. He's my friend. He as my old ACT wheels. Mine is a slick top.
                  1991 318IS

Comment

Haven't had much "free time" this Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend, but some progress has been made with the new shell.

Here's what me and some family & friends were able to get done:
                    • Mount the 17" Kopi Alpinas I had laying around w/ some fresh rubber
                    • Swapped in my front sport seats
                    • Swapped in my rear seat
                    • Threw in my OEM floor mats (to temporarily mask my gross carpet)
                    • Cleaned up/threw away gross trunk carpeting panels
                    • Swapped in my Bilstein P8 Rear sport shocks
                    • Swapped in my rear H&R Race springs/pads
                    • Currently waiting on rust neutralizer to dry in battery well
                    • Swapped in my M-tech 2 wheel (M-Tech 1 is for sale)
                    • Swapped on my Matt-B shift boot & knob :)
                    • Threw on my rear heckblende
                    • Threw on my rear mudflaps

Most likely driving this thing back down to LA tmw as my sister's Mercedes transmission just gave up last night.

At this point hoping to swap in my front suspension/brakes next weekend, down in LA, and give her an alignment.
                    Was surprised to find a nice pair of E30 M3 CABS already installed on this new shell/car/thing so that's one less thing to fiddle with!

Before shot of the car (from a couple of months ago when some buddies picked it up for me)

And now this morning.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Its looking good Sina! hmm when you're back in SoCal Im flying back tonight, maybe I can come help out
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Glad to see you back in a new ride. I always dug your last sedan, excited to see what becomes of this one.
                        '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                        '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                        '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Its looking good Sina! hmm when you're back in SoCal Im flying back tonight, maybe I can come help out
                          Hey, awesome yes! We can grab kabbab after with Abdu who's practically my neighbor.

What are you doing in the evening these next few days after work?

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Im usually pretty busy during the week, Wednesday is usually my only free night. Weekends are better. Im off early on Fridays too, but this Friday we are having our holiday work party
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Im usually pretty busy during the week, Wednesday is usually my only free night. Weekends are better. Im off early on Fridays too, but this Friday we are having our holiday work party
                              Text Sent :)

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Wrapped up the weekend strong, I'd like to think.

Put my personal M-Tech 2 Wheel on, with an added spacer mod to bring it closer to me

Installed all four OEM mud-flaps with McGuyver binder clip hardware mod

Cute little furry friend seemed to take a liking to this thing as well.

And then on an once again sad note, blew away some more of my hard-earned money on the following parts this evening. :-(

- Complete M42 "Mess Under The Intake Mod" Kit
                                - Oil Filter
                                - Air Filter
                                - Turner Conforti Chip
                                - Red46 M42 Skid Plate .. had a RaceSkids/EJ Knight plate for 6 yrs, decided to spread the love
                                - Magnaflow 14851 (to be cut & custom angled by my exhaust guy)
                                - M42 Strut Brace
                                - Delrin Shift Bushing Kit
                                - Steering Rack Swap Kit (for a z3 or z4 rack)
                                - A few more quirky though embarrassing things that I'm ashamed of admitting that I bought.

I think that's all for now. Or so I hope. Now going to cry myself to sleep over my recent fiscal irresponsibility.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X