Clear All

haha i better stop doing that then.

i remember i dumped the clutch once and left two small skid marks
    www.ThundaCats.com

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_george
      Originally posted by EverWiser
      Originally posted by ryan_george
      Although I understand exactly what you're trying to say, I would think that it would be the opposite.
      When looking from front to back, the engine and driveshaft rotate clockwise. As you accelerate the rotational mass, the passenger side should be forced down, leaving the driver's side with less traction.
      Imagine if there were a strap wrench on the driveshaft. As it rotates clockwise the handle of the wrench will push against the ground on the driver's side of the car. This is basically what is happening with the differential which will cause more downward force to be applied to the driver's side suspension...with the independent rear suspensions on our E30's it's not as noticeable but look at any fixed axle/diff rearend and you can see how the force of the differential/axle trying to rotate with the driveshaft will put more weight transfer onto the driver's side wheel.
      But also imagine that the driveshaft is fixed in space, and the body of the car was able to revolve around the driveshaft. The body of the car would rotate counter-clockwise, putting more force onto the passenger's side. Less grip on the driver's side.
      Watch the engine when you rev it up...Which way does it twist? It twists towards the passenger-side of the car. Why is that? It's because the resistance of the engine internals (friction) and (when moving) the drivetrain. If the engine is twisting up and to the passenger-side, then the law of physics applies and you'll have an equal and opposite force pushing down the driver-side rear wheel. Watch cars at the dragstrip; the front picks up and twists raising the driver-side wheel higher than the passenger-side's. If the front of the car is twisting up to the right, you can guarantee the rear is pushing down to the left.

Comment

Working...
      X