Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
    Buddhism?
    Preaches essentially the same message as Christianity: The kingdom of heaven is within you, and of course don't be an asshole. The tenets of religion are fine, but there is also a buddhist-industrial complex, just like the Christian church.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
      that message is distorted in every culture to oppress and financially and politically exploit people.
      What's the industrial Buddhist complex?

Comment

What's the industrial Buddhist complex?
        Buddhist priesthood, obviously a slight exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          He loves me and he needs money.
          You must be quoting this guy. I share the same belief with him too.

Rides...
          1991 325i - sold :(
          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Was probably his best skit. Stated the damn truth there.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
              Buddhist priesthood, obviously a slight exaggeration.
              I'm not too sure if you're entirely against all religious ideas or the organisations of such. Imo eastern spirituality, which religion let's you practice, in the western context helps us secure ourselves mentally in this world which continuously poisons us with narcissism.

Try not to read too much into that. I went to catholic and christian churches in the past. By their own merits, these churches, that are set up for good will, are still operated by the fallible man and thus the blind hate for such is 'imperfect' as well.

Comment

I'm not too sure if you're entirely against all religious ideas or the organisations of such. Imo eastern spirituality, which religion let's you practice, in the western context helps us secure ourselves mentally in this world which continuously poisons us with narcissism.

Try not to read too much into that. I went to catholic and christian churches in the past. By their own merits, these churches, that are set up for good will, are still operated by the fallible man and thus the blind hate for such is 'imperfect' as well.
                Really I have nothing against religious philosophy. Religion at its core preaches a decent message, of course you have to filter out the parts about beheadings, and circumcisions, and familial sacrifice and all that. The problem is that people filter the message to affirm their worldview. If it fits it they accept it, if it challenges it they disregard it. So for most people religion is useless, because they already know what they believe, and they use religion to justify their beliefs after the fact.

The other half of people just let religions do their thinking for them. Religions which were created to expand human conciousness end up shrinking it, because devotees get tunnel vision. Rather than justify their worldview through the religion, they get their worldview from the religion and try to make everything else fit in there.

Tl;dr religion was a good idea but is always poorly executed in practice

Comment

Working...
                X