No announcement yet.

Canada promises to bring in 25,000 Syrian refugees by Dec. 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL What can I say I like place holders.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Answers from the former head of Canada's Immigration and Refugee board.

CO: And how do we know who these people are?
      PS: We know it several ways. For the 25,000, we can identify a lot of refugees who clearly would not fall within the ISIS or Sunni extremist category. The starting point for that would be children and secondly women, particularly women who are now heads of single household families. There are a lot in that position. Secondly, we know a significant number who were the most severe victims of that violence and fled early. Lastly, we know the ones, particularly the ones that fled three and four years ago, when that conflict first started. Some of the first victims who fled were primarily urban, professional, middle-class, who were secular. They were pro-democratic and they opposed the dictatorship of Mr. Assad.
      So presently the plan is go off assumptions that women and "children" do not pose a threat. Ask anyone who served overseas, the term child used in there is significantly different than the term used in the west. If only there has been an incident in the past where Canada welcomed with open arms a convicted assailent who has blood on his hands, Omar Khadr anyone? Apparently being 15 means you're not responsible for your actions.

The other screening method is to look at whether or not they're likely to have been involved by their demographic. Not a thorough screening on their past activities and relationships, but assumptions based on their religious denominations and how long ago they left the country. If the 20k foreign fighters, 700+ of which are from the UK is any indication of an individuals allegiance to the west, it's clear that the amount of time they've spent among our societies means very very little.

These are significant loopholes in the system. If they've survived for years in a refugee camp, they can survive for another 1 or 2 before we offer them a life in the country we cherish and want to maintain a semblance of peace in. I support welcoming 25k refugees, I support having more come. I accept the cold hard facts that investment in immigration in the long run contributes to an economy and does make financial sense. I refuse to accept arbitrary deadlines which put citizens at risk to benefit non-citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        LOL What can I say I like place holders.
        is that what you call republican senators and congressmen?

Comment

LOL well played, Some of them sure, no different than many of the Democrats in similar seats
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
          X