Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS43 DME on engine that came out of MS45?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS43 DME on engine that came out of MS45?

so im doing my m54 swap and i am wondering if i will be able to use a MS43 ecu straight from the get go on m54b30 (which came out of a 2004 x3) which btw uses MS45. Will i run into any problems? is there anything that i would have to swap out?

thanks fellas

well, you would need to delete EWS etc, and the wiring harness is different (MS45 uses wideband sensors, the pinout is also different), so you'd have to swap out the wire harness and any required sensors. It would probably be easier to just flash MS45.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      well, you would need to delete EWS etc, and the wiring harness is different (MS45 uses wideband sensors, the pinout is also different), so you'd have to swap out the wire harness and any required sensors. It would probably be easier to just flash MS45.

Well ive read online that ms43 is boost friendly. Since i do plan on boosting the car right after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see. I don't think there's any reason you couldn't boost MS45, but I suppose there may be more precedence on MS43, since not as many people have done anything with MS45. I would think, however, that having widebands from the factory would be an advantage for sure (MS45, btw, is the predecessor to MSD80 that runs the N54).

anyway, if you're intent on swapping to MS43, you'll need the harness and any sensors that have changed. The way to find that out would be to do a parts cross reference between early/late M54s to see which sensors are the same and which are different.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thats true. Thanks for the input sir! I will most likely run ms45 for the sake of simplicity and that Wideband.

Comment

Originally posted by Dofo View Post
            Thats true. Thanks for the input sir! I will most likely run ms45 for the sake of simplicity and that Wideband.

Good luck finding anyone who´s able to fine tune boosted MS45 ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad78 View Post
              Good luck finding anyone who´s able to fine tune boosted MS45 ;D

Im sure ess can do that but might cost me my right nutt lol

Comment

Working...
              X