WTF Cops and too much force AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF Cops and too much force AGAIN

I am just seething with rage on this one. 96 year old WWII vet (Burma and India) killed by cops in HIS FUCKING NURSING HOME WHILE SITTING IN HIS CHAIR and SEEM TO BE LYING TO JUSTIFY AND COVER UP THEIR FUCK UP .................

Police say that John Wrana, who was being 'involuntarily' committed for medical treatment at a Chicago care home, was brandishing his cane before officers shocked him and hit him with bean bag rounds.

Originally posted by Article
    A 95-year-old world War II veteran died after being Tasered and hit with bean bag rounds by police for threatening care home staff - but his family insist he was killed unnecessarily.

Police say that John Wrana, who lived in a Chicago assisting living home, was brandishing his cane, a metal shoehorn and a knife before officers shocked him and hit him with bean bag rounds.

The senior citizen had been reported to authorities because he was being 'involuntarily' committed for medical treatment by staff at the Victory Centre, the Chicago Tribune reported.

He was behaving in 'combative' manner, by threatening staff with his cane and a shoehorn. Wrana was reportedly scheduled to undergo a risky surgery, and was apparently afraid to end up on life support.

When police arrived at Park Forest at around 8.45pm, they said he was ordered to surrender, but he refused to and continued to berate staff and threaten them.

Officers claim he then picked up a 6-inch knife, but his family's attorney alleges that care home staff did not see him do this, The Blaze reported.

He was then shocked by a Taser, hit with rounds of bean bag ammunition, and was taken into custody and then to hospital.

Staff claimed that he was sitting in a chair during the row, suggesting that the force used by authorities might not have been warranted, according to The Blaze.

The Chicago Tribune reported that Mr Wrana was conscious when he was taken to St. James Hospital and Health Centers in Chicago Heights.

But he was then moved to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he died at about 2.30am.

The Southtown Star reported that an autopsy found the war veteran died from being shot in the stomach with the 12-gauge shotgun with bean-bag ammo.

The incident was ruled as a homicide by the medical examiner, The Blaze reported.

According to the Wrana family lawyer, Nicholas Grapsas, the 95-year-old was honorably discharged from the U.S. Air Corps in the rank of a sergeant after fighting in India and Burma. During his service in the Pacific, he was shot down once.

After the war, the Massachusetts native moved to California and got into real estate before settling in Glenwood, Illinois.

His wife of more than 30 years, Helen, passed away in 2005. The veteran lived with his 74-year-old stepdaughter, Sharon Mangerson, until his health took a turn for the worse.

An autopsy found that the 95-year-old man died from internal bleeding after being shot in the stomach from a bean-bag gun.

Grapsas and Wrana’s stepdaughter have questioned the official version of events laid out by police, insisting that the elderly man was sitting in his chair the entire time, and neither his family nor staff ever saw a butcher knife in his room.

‘The Japanese military couldn’t get him at the age he was touchable, in a uniform in the war,’ Grapsas told the Tribune. ‘It took 70 years later for the Park Forest police to do the job.’

Grapsas said he was told that between five and seven responding officers came armed with a riot shield commonly used in demonstrations to enter Wrana’s room before shooting him in the stomach.

His stepdaughter described the 95-year-old as a fiercely independent and vital man who still enjoyed playing cards.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Wrana was scheduled to undergo an operation. On the night of the tragic incident, his doctor told Margenson over the phone that even if he survives the surgery, her stepfather will likely end up on life support.

Wrana than got on the phone with Sharon, thanked her for everything she has done for him and told her he loved her before saying goodbye and hanging up. That was the last she's heard of him.

Mr Wrana's family are now deciding whether to file a lawsuit, according to their attorney.

'This was a literal war hero,' Mr Grapas said.

'It’s outright insulting when you have such lack of respect for someone who served our country to the extent he did.'

I just cant really make a cohesive comment or argument on this right now
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

I wouldn't be much intimidated by a 95 year old wielding a knife even if it's true.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I am in disbelief despite my past acknowledgement that the police state is a real problem. I cannot understand what would motivate a sworn officer to perform his duties in such a manner. Is there only one appropriate level of force? Have our police (public servants) come to the position of "kill them all, let God sort them out"? If so, how?
      sigpic
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
      1989 325is Raged on then sold.
      1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
      1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
      1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

heard about this from reddit, cops fucked up, if you are intimidated by a 96 year old in a chair with a "sharp object" (could have been letter opener), you shouldn't be a cop thats like the least scary thing i can think of to face in the line of duty
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

Paid leave, slap on the wrist, get on with their life. That is all that will happen to these crooks behind badges. Like said before, the police are the biggest most dangerous gang in our country. I don't trust a single officer and I am friends with a few to know that they do not have good intentions. They tell me many things about their job and the shit they get away with.

That said, there are those few officers who do a good job serving and protecting, but they are a dime a dozen

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
          Originally posted by scabzzzz
          I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
          1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
          2002 325i - DD
          2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

^What gt said.
            sigpic
            Reich und Roll!

Comment

Well, you fellas have any suggestions on better countries to move to? I think it's time I start saving up to make that a reality. The more conscious I become of what is really going on in this country, the more I have this internal gut feeling to just pack-up and leave.
              '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
              '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
              '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                Paid leave, slap on the wrist, get on with their life. That is all that will happen to these crooks behind badges. Like said before, the police are the biggest most dangerous gang in our country. I don't trust a single officer and I am friends with a few to know that they do not have good intentions. They tell me many things about their job and the shit they get away with.

That said, there are those few officers who do a good job serving and protecting, but they are a dime a dozen
                I had a good friend at my last job who was a former police officer who decided to quit only a few years after joining the force. He stated that between the fucked up shit he saw on the streets, and more importantly what he saw and knew was going on behind the scenes in the PD, his heart no longer could justify and continue to be a part of an organization like that. I asked if he regrets leaving the force about 10 years ago and he said with a big smile, "Nope." He's been working as a mall security guard ever since and said he is far happier now.
                '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

this is terrible. I had a neighbor in similar condition (WWII vet, etc.) and I cried almost while reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
                    Well, you fellas have any suggestions on better countries to move to? I think it's time I start saving up to make that a reality. The more conscious I become of what is really going on in this country, the more I have this internal gut feeling to just pack-up and leave.
                    Belize or Costa Rica are high on my list. You can have lunch for about 30-50 cents USD.

Comment

Just again happened in Georgia, cops raided a house and literally f**cked the house up and beat the crap out of all the men, older men. Why? A 1000 dollar fine. What the hell is happening to this world?
                      Originally Posted by Exodus
                      He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Comment

getting people used to the idea of the state using force to ensure compliance of even the most minor infractions even when they are in the wrong.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

^Ha, just like in my other thread where it seems it's working too.

Comment

Makes me sick to my stomach to read about stuff like this, and I was upset when I asked a cop after he gave me a speeding ticket, "Why do you enforce laws that you break everyday?" and he just said "Because I can."

Comment

I live in a low-crime area. Most of our issues are with meth and trailer parks, but we don't see it in the city.

It is mostly drunk college students here.

Why the staff called the police is beyond me~ maybe they were just fed up.

What were they going to do, arrest the guy and take him to jail for resisting forced medical care? I would rather go down swinging too I guess, but geez.

Why cops with tasers and bean bags show up to a nursing home is crazy- I don't even know if our cops here have that stuff. They def have guns as you hear about trailer shootouts every few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X