No announcement yet.

WTF Cops and too much force AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes let's bring out the riot shield, a 95 years old man in a wheel chair can be very hostile. Sometimes our law enforcement are as stupid as they look. Remind me of the story where 50 + cops were chasing a guy who ran a stop sign.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Now that I have a little time

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
      This whole story falls on issues of critical thinking because nothing makes any sense.
      ya think, but not in the way your thinking

Originally posted by Javier h
      First, if there was no danger whatsoever, why where the police called? The hospital called the police for a reason.
      Thats kinda the point I have been trying to make, who and why??? Even if he had a fucking knife why did the cops have to called??? hes old he will fall asleep in an hour anyway........... If he wants to kill him self with it, HE'S EARNED THAT RIGHT, but he has also the right not to be a victim of over zealous cops with a new toy as well.

Second, there are plenty of male nurses able to handled a 95 year old man, if he needed to be relocated/moved. I am sure they are security people there as well. If you visit these facilities you would know. There are lots of elder people with mental issues and the hospital/facility equip themselves accordingly.
      My MIL has been an RN at nursing homes for 35 years,(as have most of her 3 sisters) I have a little insight into how these places work and how unruly residents are dealt with, NEVER in her 30+ years (or any one she has discussed this with) has she ever heard of the cops being called to subdue a resident.

Third, I'm not sticking up for the officers either.
      Could have fooled me

If you google the story, he had a knife (12 inches)....
      I posted an initial story of the incident, been too busy to keep up with shit like this lately.

Assuming that was true, he was a danger to himself and others.
      Maybe........................maybe not. None of us were there to say one way or the other. When you have staff and family saying they have never seen him with a knife and reporting he was in his chair when this went down I am going to believe the them over the cops any day of the week especially when something like this happens and they are trying to cover their ass for a fuck up

I seriously doubt you would have 6 officers in riot gear because they needed to wheel this guy out. If they needed to just move him, they wouldn't have had this attire.
      Riot gear is in the trunk of many/most all patrol cars now a-days, not hard to have this atire when its in your car now is it..... Why they think they needed it is the bigger question. Again why were they even called, was it by other county employees like EMTs or something that were called to move him ?? I dont know its not laid out in the article, because as you say care homes have procedures and trained staff for this kinda situation.

The reality is that some article are written to inflame. I dont know what really happen but I am not buying the story on the merits of writer trying to sell it.
      My article sites several sources, and is more of a summary of the story in general. I am sure there is some bias, there is bias in every form of media.

Finally, consider seeing a therapist man. This really the compelling reason why I even bother to write back on this thread. So much anger. You seem to buy into these stories (somewhat delusional) which suggest you might have a mental illness. I'm not kidding. As a fellow E30 bud, good luck man.
      Awww thats sweet, I would be more concerned about falling off that high horse of yours, the air must be mighty thin up there where you are.

Your damm right I am pissed that a OLD MAN that lived a long productive life and put his life on the line for all of us to even be able to have this conversation was a victim of a bunch of state sponsored thugs. The fact that your not is what really scares me, that the whole dont take care of your self call the police or the govt when you need help mantra and sometimes they fuck up and that is ok too, is really starting to take hold
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-01-2013, 11:24 AM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Honestly, its our own god damn fault that we ever let these things happen in the first place. I have chewed out police officers on more than one occasion, sometimes it gets me somewhere, other times, well you connect the dots...

Read.... And if you have never read this SHAME ON YOU!

Also, on a side note... A friend of mine was killed riding his bike on the side walk in Louisville,Ky by an officer that deemed it acceptable to rage onto the side walk in a high speed chase. The officer only got 2 weeks unpaid vacation and was back to work afterwords with NO consequences whatsoever. I believe that the reasoning was that they had no reflectors on their bikes (it was evening hours, but STILL daylight!), but they were literally not even a block away from the GIGANTIC skate-park that they had been riding at all afternoon... Fuck the police, seriously.

I thought there was a more detailed article, but this is all I could find...

sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that... it makes me mad.

just saw this:

Teaching the kids on how to get pot only to arrest him for doing so... police!

Comment

Got to make that quota.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
              Dude, I'm sorry to hear that... it makes me mad.

just saw this:

Teaching the kids on how to get pot only to arrest him for doing so... police!
              What in the fucking world is wrong with people!!? I am firmly convinced the war on drugs is more destructive than the drugs themselves.

Some nice quotes from the accompanying article:

edit: quotes from http://www.alternet.org/cops-go-unde...ate-throw-kids

“Sending police and informants to entrap high-school students is sick,” says Tony Newman, director of media relations at the Drug Policy Alliance. “We see cops seducing 18-year-olds to fall in love with them or befriending lonely kids and then tricking them into getting them small amounts of marijuana so they can stick them with felonies. We often hear that we need to fight the drug war to protect the kids. As these despicable examples show, more often the drug war is ruining young people's lives and doing way more harm than good.”

“Do we ever hear of an undercover operation like this conducted in an exclusive private school, or on a university campus, or on the stages of a movie studio in Hollywood? No, we don't. Why? Because those people would complain, get lawyers and make life miserable for the status quo."
              Last edited by frankenbeemer; 10-15-2013, 09:07 AM. Reason: Added quotes
              sigpic
              Originally posted by JinormusJ
              Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
              1989 325is Raged on then sold.
              1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
              1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
              1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

At least they didn't kill anyone innocent. He was still a drug user.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    At least they didn't kill anyone innocent. He was still a drug user.
                    Sarcasm.... right?
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Prolly had pot card
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

just watched this. nothing new, but frustrating all the same.

Comment

Nothing will change until a bunch of innocent white kids are shot in the streets. Sad.

Comment

Well you better hope that innocent white kids are shot in the streets then. :P

Comment

Pardon my ignorance of how the system works...but what about an independent bureau to be organized for each county with a registered PD to put the reigns on them. If you have a police officer pull you over illegally and harasses you like the video above, you call them and they come out to the scene and have the authority to determine whether the police have a valid reason for the stop. If they find they don't, they issue them some citation that gets docked from a total point system that follows the police officer's record. If they do have a valid reason, then they make sure the police carry out the situation legally.

The problem is that they are able to call back up if they feel a situation is out of their control. Who do we have to call if the situation with the police gets out of hand...more police? nah.
                              Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

dumb idea. cops need wiggle room to do what they want or else there will be
                                less and less people wanting to be cops.

Comment

Working...
                                X