X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXlB...XWDyp_lB0wnlxw

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
      So why do you believe in your faith when the bad guy always wins in real life.
      I have been forced to be religious my whole life and really see no point
      The worst are in charge...so I guess god helps those who help themselves?
      Just tired of hearing about it

(Late night rant sorry will prolly edit tom)
      Im right with you if god is so great why give little kids cancer its all a bunch of crap
      1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
      2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
      2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

How can you appreciate pleasure if you don't know pain? /devils advocate. (coming from a guy with epilepsy)

Comment

Oh boy, the depth of this subject?!?!?!?!
          We are all believers here, ALL, even atheist believes its our nature! And if someone says he is not then he is a fool. Any information we grasp in our small minds we either believe it or move on in search for more information to fulfill our search in hope to find who we/you are.
          Bottom line, religion-i.e. traditions or customs never done any good in the past nor for me in the present. I think we have it much easier now a days to choose what to believe or not. I personally do believe in higher being or God the creator of existence, at least there is some hope after so trying my best here, if not that we have nothing to loose, right?!
          just my 2 coins, idk ;)

Comment

not believing in a higher entity as an atheist doesn't make me a fool.

Comment

With e30 content.

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
              So why do you believe in your faith when the bad guy always wins in real life.
              I have been forced to be religious my whole life and really see no point
              The worst are in charge...so I guess god helps those who help themselves?
              Just tired of hearing about it

(Late night rant sorry will prolly edit tom)
              Those who have faith believe that the bad guy doesn't win in the end. They will receive their just rewards in the afterlife. A lot of people believe that when a bad person's car blows up, that it was karma and/or they got their just rewards. I don't know if it's the case, but the bad guy doesn't always win in the end.

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
              People believe in "god" religions because of parental indoctrination. It's been happening ever since the romans invented it to control the pagans.
              My family is areligious, and I came to faith as an adult. Religion predates romans too.

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
              Christian-based religions and I have never seen "eye-to-eye" if you will. I've lived in many small towns where I was isolated and almost outcast from my peers when they found out I was athiest which I am no longer. I find the words in a lot of indoctrinated religions to be extremely hypocritical and are the root of many wars and in the wrong hands, dangerous. I have my beliefs and you have yours...don't judge me on mine and I'll leave you to yours.
              I'm sorry that you had a poor experience and were outcast. The words of most religions aren't hypocritical - unfortunately, humans (you and me both) are.

Also, most wars are not rooted in faith/religion.

from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-...b_1400766.html

... while clearly there were wars that had religion as the prime cause, an objective look at history reveals that those killed in the name of religion have, in fact, been a tiny fraction in the bloody history of human conflict. In their recently published book, "Encyclopedia of Wars," authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod document the history of recorded warfare, and from their list of 1763 wars only 123 have been classified to involve a religious cause, accounting for less than 7 percent of all wars and less than 2 percent of all people killed in warfare. While, for example, it is estimated that approximately one to three million people were tragically killed in the Crusades, and perhaps 3,000 in the Inquisition, nearly 35 million soldiers and civilians died in the senseless, and secular, slaughter of World War 1 alone.

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
              Yes, morality comes up a lot as religion tends to run out of arguments, the question of where morality comes from if there is no god is often asked and the basic proven answer is that societies without general morals cannot last. We are born with emotions and they do not require any law (governmental or religious). In other words, people brought up without religion are not deprived of morals or emotion and if there were no such laws, it does not mean that everyone would be going around killing each other. On the other hand we do know that when people murder, rape, steal, there are ways to explain their behavior and there is no exclusion to who does these things, people of all religions or no religion can act immorally, nonetheless very many religious people act immorally in the name of religion.
              Yeah, morality as a proof of the existence of a higher power leaves a lot wanting. I think this is a poor argument as well. However, societies have different morals. If a society believes something to be true: the m20 is a non-interference motor, and another believes it is an interference engine, is that just a matter of opinion or a matter of truth? If there were zealous e30 enthusiasts that highly recommended you to change your timing belt at 50k because it's an interference motor are they to be ignored?

Originally posted by roznic View Post
              Oh boy, the depth of this subject?!?!?!?!
              We are all believers here, ALL, even atheist believes its our nature! And if someone says he is not then he is a fool. Any information we grasp in our small minds we either believe it or move on in search for more information to fulfill our search in hope to find who we/you are.
              Bottom line, religion-i.e. traditions or customs never done any good in the past nor for me in the present. I think we have it much easier now a days to choose what to believe or not. I personally do believe in higher being or God the creator of existence, at least there is some hope after so trying my best here, if not that we have nothing to loose, right?!
              just my 2 coins, idk ;)
              Only thing to lose is dependent on whether our beliefs were correct or not. If you ran motor oil in your radiator and water in your engine, you would not get the true joy of e30 motoring. Your beliefs do affect both this life and if it exists, the afterlife.

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
              Im right with you if god is so great why give little kids cancer its all a bunch of crap
              God doesn't give anyone cancer. Cancer is part of this broken world we live in. And let's say God didn't give little kids cancer. Death is the worst atrocity, and we mourn when someone close to us dies. I believe that death is not the final answer, and God gave us a way to be victorious over death.

Sometimes e30s break down for reasons that are not comprehensible to us, but a mechanic can and will fix our e30s. But it also comes with a price.

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
              Humans are not born in sin. Humans are born into a vast array of social conditions that often suppress emotion and strengthen the natural need to survive.
              There is no need to explain and believe in a creator. There actually isn't a reason to explain anything. That is our curiosity and inner passion to learn. The belief in a god requires consciousness, at least some intelligence and egoism. Without consciousness and intelligence, there is no thought of a god, without egoism, there is no need to believe we're so special that an entity would create the whole universe for us. Fact is, if the human race ceased to exist, the universe would not give a rats ass, all previously discovered or undiscovered physical laws would not cease to exist.
              Its funny how religious explanations have to keep morphing based on what science discovers. A couple hundred years ago no religion could even contemplate debating over someone creating a whole universe with galaxies, a big bang, expansion, something from nothing. Now they just say "Meh, part of the plan.", but do not care to explain how and why there would be a reason for a shadow figure.
              Eastern Orthodoxy would agree with you that humans aren't born in sin, as would Judaism and Buddhism.

I have a son and he needs almost everything explained and/or done for him. We don't know how to live. He had to learn how to eat, and even how to sleep! I had to learn how to mod my e30. And some things I needed done for me. We are not omniscient, so we need a lot explained to us.

God did not create the universe for us. God created the universe because God wanted to. To believe that this universe was created just for us is egoism at its finest. To believe BMW created e30s for r3vvers would also be a parallel. We know that God created the e30 through BMW for the joy of the human race :)

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              It's a neat story.

Find me some references from the same time period that mention Jeebus.
              Josephus, a Jewish-Roman historian who was not a disciple of Jeebus said this in the Antiquities of the Jews written in the 1 CE. You can read about it on

Now waiting for the replies! :)

Comment

Im actually a shia muslim and ive been dragged my whole childhood to go to saturday school and i used to cry and hate going. However, recently ever since i started high school i just became curious as to how everything was created so beautifully in this world. Like the way i think about it is that for example your heart that beats every second and the rest of the involuntary organs that function, ok their is a scientific explanation but simply just ask yourself why does this organ do this? where did the big bang come from? why doesnt niagra falls stop flowing? Like i dont know about you guys but i was fascinated by the fact that 1 drop of semen has like 300,000 sperm and only one can fertilize the egg. Its this kind of stuff that makes me believe that their is a creator. In my religion God is the greatest and is eternal with no relationship to anyone. In the end, in order to be religious you just have to believe. God forbid, but even if islamic history was false and that the quran wasnt sent my God, at least it has morals and information with explanations telling followers about the good and the bad in this world that too me makes more sense then anyone else from our modern time! btw i sympathize with Christians, Buddhists etc. and understand an atheists point of view. I just thouht it would be cool for you guys to learn a little about what interests me

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                  not believing in a higher entity as an atheist doesn't make me a fool.
                  I never said that if you don't believe in what I believe makes you a fool. What I meant to say was if you say u're not a believer, then u r a fool... Everybody believes in something or somebody.

Comment

That's not a vague statement at all.

I believe it's getting late and that I'm gonna go to bed soon, hurray for beliefs!

Comment

Originally posted by socalife View Post
                      Im actually a shia muslim and ive been dragged my whole childhood to go to saturday school and i used to cry and hate going. However, recently ever since i started high school i just became curious as to how everything was created so beautifully in this world. Like the way i think about it is that for example your heart that beats every second and the rest of the involuntary organs that function, ok their is a scientific explanation but simply just ask yourself why does this organ do this? where did the big bang come from? why doesnt niagra falls stop flowing? Like i dont know about you guys but i was fascinated by the fact that 1 drop of semen has like 300,000 sperm and only one can fertilize the egg. Its this kind of stuff that makes me believe that their is a creator. In my religion God is the greatest and is eternal with no relationship to anyone. In the end, in order to be religious you just have to believe. God forbid, but even if islamic history was false and that the quran wasnt sent my God, at least it has morals and information with explanations telling followers about the good and the bad in this world that too me makes more sense then anyone else from our modern time! btw i sympathize with Christians, Buddhists etc. and understand an atheists point of view. I just thouht it would be cool for you guys to learn a little about what interests me

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

No thanks. Don't want my kids brainwashed with this crap either.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

my own personal feelings about religion in general is before science and the scientific method their was no way to explain phenomenon in the world, and or why people died became sick etc. so religions were created out of ancient stories passed orally from generation to generation, until they were followed, and explained logically (at the time) what was happening in ancient humans scary dangerous world. now days (since the late 19th century) forward i see them more as a way for people to group socially and they are more pseudoreligons where people pretend to believe so they are kept in the social circle. except for less educated areas where the general populations are not educated hence the religion to explain natural forces and sickness etc. apply

edit: im agnostic/ pagan (Native American so i kinda have to be[see social reasons above])

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            No thanks. Don't want my kids brainwashed with this crap either.
                            Same. IMO religion is a crock of shit. I can see how the thought of an afterlife floating around on clouds, and an all-powerful God making sure everything is right with the world might be comforting to some... but it's still bullshit.

Comment

IMO religion is a crock of shit.

Comment

Ok, i know the hardest thing about religion is the evidence. It isnt presented in front of your eyes but i mean arent you curious as to what happens when you die,like just think about death for a second. I think a non-believer would think that everything will just go black and thats it. For me, it just makes sense for their to be an afterlife and for their to be judgement and review for everything you did in life. Like, dont you want to see and be rewarded for all the good things you did in life that nobody noticed

Comment

Working...
                                X