No announcement yet.

religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the end, at least someone with a religion will use what he has been taught to be nice to at the minimum someone else with the same believes instead of living a life of hate with satan!

Comment

Originally posted by socalife View Post
      In the end, at least someone with a religion will use what he has been taught to be nice to at the minimum someone else with the same believes instead of living a life of hate with satan!
      huh?

going to church doesn't make you a good person anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Satan doesn't exist, so, I guess I don't have take my directions from him. ;)

this thread is pointless though. I don't care what you believe in, but what I do care about is when your beliefs infringe on my life.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
        Josephus, a Jewish-Roman historian who was not a disciple of Jeebus said this in the Antiquities of the Jews written in the 1 CE. You can read about it on

Now waiting for the replies! :)

In the first paragraph of your link it says the book was written in 93-94 AD (or 93-94 CE).

Which would be 63 years after Jesus Christ would have passed. (Is that right, I'm not so good at math.)
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          huh?

going to church doesn't make you a good person anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
          Didn't Dennis Radar go to church?

this thread is pointless though. I don't care what you believe in, but what I do care about is when your beliefs infringe on my life.
          This.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            In the first paragraph of your link it says the book was written in 93-94 AD (or 93-94 CE).

Which would be 63 years after Jesus Christ would have passed. (Is that right, I'm not so good at math.)
            Yes give or take a few years. The issue is that people didn't write as much as they do today. It took time for Jesus to become a 'thing'. People estimate that the oldest book of the New Testament (1 Thessalonians) was written about 50AD. So even the oldest book that supports the existence of Jesus was not written until about 20 years after his death.

The other books, such as the Gospels were probably oral tradition at first. Then the first generation Jesus followers were dying off, and someone said, we need to write this down!

The teachings of an itinerant jewish rabbi on the fringes of the Roman Empire would not cause most to blink an eye. Think about the founder of r3v. I know nothing about him, not even his name. It wasn't until there was enough followers that there would be enough interest in this person that.

Perhaps r3v will one day be the "gospel of e30". Until that day, we care more about the content as opposed to one who set up the content means.

Perhaps r3vvers will one day do stuff to piss off the government. Until that day, most people in the world could care less about r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by socalife View Post
              Like, dont you want to see and be rewarded for all the good things you did in life that nobody noticed
              Like, that's irrelevant as to whether or not it's factual. Desire has zero bearing on the legitimacy of your beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by roznic View Post
                I never said that if you don't believe in what I believe makes you a fool. What I meant to say was if you say u're not a believer, then u r a fool... Everybody believes in something or somebody.

i belief in nossing, lebowski!

but seriously, "nihilism". look it up. i don't "believe" anything; i critically analyze evidence presented to me and accept or reject it on its own merit. if there isn't enough evidence, well, then i don't know.

i think doing that is far less foolish than choosing to believe something just for the sake of having something to believe in.
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

i belief in nossing, lebowski!

but seriously, "nihilism". look it up. i don't "believe" anything; i critically analyze evidence presented to me and accept or reject it on its own merit. if there isn't enough evidence, well, then i don't know.

i think doing that is far less foolish than choosing to believe something just for the sake of having something to believe in.

Exactly my point brah!!!! Read my original post, I guess u still believe something...;)

Comment

Exactly my point brah!!!! Read my original post, I guess u still believe something...;)
                    no... i am differentiating between "knowledge" and "belief". you aren't.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

no... i am differentiating between "knowledge" and "belief". you aren't.

What's knowledge then, after u get that knowledge u still have to believe it or get alternative knowledge

Comment

Some days I believe. Some days I don't.

We are limited in our human experience. That we all know... The universe is bigger than we can ever fathom. And smaller than we can ever fathom.

And how is it that we can travel to seemingly real places in our minds when we sleep. And why do we sleep!?

You may not believe in God. Or maybe you do. But there is no denying that there are some forces at work that are outside of our understanding. There are places in time and space that are outside of our touch. And sometimes just outside of the fleshy human experience.
                        My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

What's knowledge then, after u get that knowledge u still have to believe it or get alternative knowledge
                          The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof

get it now?
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/knowledge?s=t

acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition

confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof

get it now?

Oh I get it, but do u get what I am trying to say, I can quote dictionary all day long, but at the end of the day it's somebody's words or description!! Tmrw or in a few years we will get diff perspective or interpretation of the same thing... Then what?? There is always a leap of faith u have to take.. Again, it was only my 2cents, and I know with my limited mind I can try to debate or discuss for days and we would still disagree ;)

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
                              You may not believe in God. Or maybe you do. But there is no denying that there are some forces at work that are outside of our understanding. There are places in time and space that are outside of our touch. And sometimes just outside of the fleshy human experience.
                              And?

Thousands of years ago, the micro and macroscopic universe were unfathomable to us, and only in the last few hundred years has the atomic world opened up to us. It was outside of our understanding, yet there is an explanation for it and we're slowly understanding it in its entirety. There's no reason to think this process won't extend onto other goal posts we set for ourselves in our understanding of things. Something being unreachable (for now), or existing in a way in which we find it difficult to study is indicative of nothing more than a complex universe with complex rules, not a creating force.

Comment

I usually don't believe in a god. I certainly don't subscribe to any religion, but I'll tell you, every time my daughter has had a seizure and stops breathing, I believed. I believed and I begged and I swore that I'd go to church. Then when she started breathing again a few minutes later, I mostly went back to not believing. I think there's something out there. Mostly because people can't be the best there is. We're fuckin fucked in the head. And if you aren't fucked in the head, just wait, and enjoy your ignorance. Older guys know what I'm talking about.
                                Originally posted by Andy.B
                                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
                                I was born on 3/25…
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X