Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada promises to bring in 25,000 Syrian refugees by Dec. 31

I'm typically Canadian.
    I welcome war-torn refugees with open arms.

I am legit concerned over the timeline of an electoral promise our new PM Trudeau went on campaigning to bring in 25K Syrian refugees by Dec 31st.

Do it, but do it properly?

We see what's happening in Europe...

call me old fashioned...but man...that's a lot of people not being ID'd coming into an open bar rave.

Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

In before all the hate. I don't live in Canada, but it's shameful how all the people in America are saying not to let these folks in. Understanding is the opposite of fear. Learn to understand and you will no longer fear.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
      In before all the hate. I don't live in Canada, but it's shameful how all the people in America are saying not to let these folks in. Understanding is the opposite of fear. Learn to understand and you will no longer fear.

you sir, have garnered a new respect from me.

I don't think there will be "hate" so to speak...it's a matter of understanding, learning the issues and above else...acceptance.

it doesn't MEAN I'm completely cool and at ease with 25K coming in in less than 1.5 months with little to no screening...there's a certain degree of anxiety at stake over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
        In before all the hate.
        Hate, what kind of hate did you expect?

As a Canadian, I am appalled that a newly elected PM has set absurd arbitrary dates to bring thousands of refugees into my neighborhood without doing a thorough background check on each and every one of them. They are presently not in fear for their lives, we're bringing refugees from Turkey and some of the EU. To risk the safety of our own citizens for that of those whom terrorist organizations have claimed they will be among is pathetic. Canada has caved to extreme liberal ideology, and I'm getting quite concerned.

Comment

Im sure there will be checks, god damn. You already are giving into fear, post 9/11 all over again.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

I'm not inATO politics, but this whole situation seems interesting.

How will it affect our security? our economy? our standard of life?

fascinating nonetheless

Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 11-17-2015, 12:23 PM.
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I think one thing we do need to watch out for is an extreme increase in refugees now that the world is opening up for them, especially with NATO/Russia discussing joint operations in syria.

This will all pale in comparison to the amount of refugees we will see in 5-10 years when climate changes effects become more extreme.

Inb4 climate change deniers.
              willschnitz

Comment

Did you expect anything less out of your new "rock star" really done nothing of meaningful value full of Hope and Dreams PM....

Cale now you know how many of us have felt since 08, its a nice feeling huh
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Lol fuckin like 2 weeks and office and already bashing that damn dirt commie bastard liberal eh sleeve?

The Trudeau Meter blog covers subjects such as traveling, vacation, events, destinations, foods, and also lifestyle. Bring us your idea now.

We can all watch, I think he will get a good deal done.

Your right sleeve, obamanator better declare war on syria on the double.
                  willschnitz

Comment

I'm pretty sure the total number of refugees heading to Canada is much higher than 25k.

It was 25K additional to what Harper promised which was ~100k~ I think?
                    sigpic
                    Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                    1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

Its ok Mr Burns, he will just ask them if they have extremist views, and if they do, he will delegate someone to talk to them about why they are miss understood and feel that way, I am sure all will be well..... I mean after all they are just going to set up their own communities and not assimilate into your culture, really what can go wrong here.

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      Lol fuckin like 2 weeks and office and already bashing that damn dirt commie bastard liberal eh sleeve?

The Trudeau Meter blog covers subjects such as traveling, vacation, events, destinations, foods, and also lifestyle. Bring us your idea now.

We can all watch, I think he will get a good deal done.

Your right sleeve, obamanator better declare war on syria on the double.
                      No the 0 should not, He SHOULD secure the boarders, and prepare to rain down Curtains of iron and high explosives in an indiscriminate carpet bombing 1943 Allies over Germany style from 7 miles high, on ANY country that harbors/funds terrorists, should any such stunt be pulled or attempted here again. You wan to kill Civilians and scare the shit out of people thats fine poke a Bear with a spoon ...... But I digress

Fun Facts about the new PM in Americas Hat, that largely got passes from the Media (so I am told, I do know some Canadians strange thing is they all seem to be a little conservative) . Think we have seen this movie before

Completed a BA in literature in 1994.
                      Then bummed around the world with friends for a year.
                      Returned to McGill and started a Bachelor of Education program
                      Two years later he moved to the west coast and finished his Bachelor of Education
                      Substitute teacher From 1999 to 2002 - taught( drama, French, English, social studies, and math)
                      In 2002 began an engineering degree but quit the program in 2003
                      2005 to 2006 was a Masters student of Environmental Geography and quit again.
                      2007 became a politician.

Couple other big accomplishments, White water rafting instructor and ultimate Frisbee coach. His biggest budget accomplishment, managing his trust fund.

This is just white, privileged, beach bum, spoilt brat version.

Seriously global warming is going to play a big part in the wars in the sand box that have been on going for nearly 2000 years in some way or another .................... You make my brain hurt
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-17-2015, 02:58 PM.
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Wow really a normal person as a politician? The end is nigh folks, we cant let normal people be voted into office.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        No the 0 should not, He SHOULD secure the boarders, and prepare to rain down Curtains of iron and high explosives in an indiscriminate carpet bombing 1943 Allies over Germany style from 7 miles high, on ANY country that harbors/funds terrorists, should any such stunt be pulled or attempted here again. You wan to kill Civilians and scare the shit out of people thats fine poke a Bear with a spoon ...... But I digress
                        I'm going to assume this is sarcasm? If your serious you gotta support kicking Saudi Arabia, turkey, and private companies who support terrorism in the ass then.

Obviously you have no idea what I was saying about climate change and the refugees it will create. But global warming doesnt exist so whatever, Ill just go play in my new sinkhole ponds in the arctic. /s
                        willschnitz

Comment

what i dont understand is why everyone thinks the refugees are the ones who are going to be extremists...they are fleeing for a reason. plus the guys in france were already here before the migrant problem arose, IS does not need to sneak in through migrants they are already here in radicalized european/american children of immigrant muslim families.

Comment

...I'm not even sure where to begin with you....:-P
                            Fun Facts about the new PM in Americas Hat, that largely got passes from the Media (so I am told, I do know some Canadians strange thing is they all seem to be a little conservative) . Think we have seen this movie before

Completed a BA in literature in 1994.
                            Then bummed around the world with friends for a year.
                            Returned to McGill and started a Bachelor of Education program
                            Two years later he moved to the west coast and finished his Bachelor of Education
                            Substitute teacher From 1999 to 2002 - taught( drama, French, English, social studies, and math)
                            In 2002 began an engineering degree but quit the program in 2003
                            2005 to 2006 was a Masters student of Environmental Geography and quit again.
                            2007 became a politician.

Couple other big accomplishments, White water rafting instructor and ultimate Frisbee coach. His biggest budget accomplishment, managing his trust fund.

This is just white, privileged, beach bum, spoilt brat version.
                            it's like you summed up the conservatives slander campaign in one foul swoop.
                            yes, he was still elected.
                            There is no argument that Canadian political history mandates itself a literal troubadour or recycled painful revisits...from left to right wing...oh shit, lets get back to left wing we're fucking broke! ahhh hell, pensioners and health care is suffering back to right! and so on....

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Wow really a normal person as a politician? The end is nigh folks, we cant let normal people be voted into office.

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm? If your serious you gotta support kicking Saudi Arabia, turkey, and private companies who support terrorism in the ass then.

Obviously you have no idea what I was saying about climate change and the refugees it will create. But global warming doesnt exist so whatever, Ill just go play in my new sinkhole ponds in the arctic. /s
                              Umm yeah kinda.... You raze to the ground a few shitty places and break those populations (you have to break the population to garner compliance unlike what we did in the sandboxs other wise the elements your trying to eradicate will just wait till you leave), you then have 1 of 2 things happen, it will harden the resolve of those more affluent countries and WWIII will erupt. Or not wanting B52s and Iron to blot out the sun over their 1st world cities, they will start to police their own and purge them selves of the radical elements with in their societies. I am betting most of the 1st world Islamic dominated countries will chose to save their own hides and life styles.......

I have always held the position that Kinder and surgical warfare on mass scale dont go together.... I have also been in the position that a few bad apples dont necessarily ruin a bunch, though lately I have been trying to put a handle on how I think about all this and here is how I see it

I have taken more notice as of late (Paris) that there is no real movement within Islam itself to purge those extreme elements .Sure there are some that have issued weak "condemnations" of acts like this but is little more than lip service to the real issue, but they seem to be more interested in vocally protesting real and/or imagined discrimination and "injustices" (to push their own agendas in western societies) than trying to clean their own house up. They (general rank and file "moderate peaceful" Muslims to the tune of 1.5b) by their cowardly complacency with the radicals, have allowed those same radicals to redefine what Islam is.

At the end of the day it that what it comes down to that one thing, and one thing only:

if you ask 100 people what they think when they hear/read the term "Religious extremists attacked..." 99.5 of them will instantly think of Muslims terrorists. There is a reason for that. And it's not ignorance, racism, hate, or stupid redneck gun totes. Islam allowed itself to be hijacked and twisted into something vile and hateful, and has been front and center with this since the late 50's . How many airplanes, trains, buildings OLYMPICS, and general acts of "terror" are committed in the name of all the other major religions of the world???

The rank and file Muslim may not have gone willingly, but by not lifting a finger to actively oppose it they have chosen to align and throw them selves in with the likes of the radicals, and are subject to the same type of guilt by association we were all warned about as kids . As such they have no ground to stand on when they burn with them. They don't wanna clean their own house? Fine, just don't bitch when you are swept out with the dirt or when the baby gets tossed out with the bath.

Oh and I never have said climate change does "not" exist, I just have a different non PC opinion and put my stock in a different THEORY about the cause......

But then again I am just a a gun tote conservative with no real edumacation beyond grade 12.... So what do I know
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-17-2015, 04:34 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X