where, oh where are you B randon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where, oh where are you B randon?

I hate doing this, but I tried to do this the right way and havent gotten any response.

Some of you may know the story about how my buddy crashed my car, well, I had seen these euro alpine fenders for sale and they looked mint.

Link to this FS ad for the fenders:

After my friend crashed my car, I sent him a PM and this was our exchange. Sent sometime around December 15th

Originally posted by 2mAn
    what was the cost to the greyhound station at 90021? I want both, my friend just ruined my last set
    Originally posted by B Randon
    shipping is 70
    Yea I figured it would be a lot. can you lower the cost of the fenders a little? I recently bought mint ones + a door for $200, can you do like 75 each?
    sorry its 200 for the fenders
    you cant do $250 shipped?? If you can I will buy them right now
    At that point, I didnt want to make my friend so much money, but after the holidays he told me to just do it. Prior to sending money, I realized I never actually asked if they were mint, so...
    1/4/16
    Bumped the thread asking if the fenders were mint. - No response.

1/7/16
    Bumped the thread again saying that money was sent. - No response.

Another PM sent, this was THAT exchange

Brandonbarbor31@gmail.com
    money sent. you still have the info of the station to deliver them to? I assume you will package them quite well, I found a surprise on my last set of "mint" fenders
    yeah, just going to need your name like on lic, an a # for them to call.
    About a week or so passed, I hadnt heard anything and wasnt too nervous, but thought I should reach out to him.

1/18/16
    Bumped thread again, this time because I hadnt heard anything about shipping details - No response

1/21/16
    Last bump of the thread addressing the fact that they went to the wrong location. I also PM'd AND emailed him. It said he was online a few days ago and thought I would give him a chance to respond. - No response

I thought I should check the transaction feedback and he has had issues with other people, but other people have had great feedback.

Im annoyed (obviously) but this can be worked out, I just dont think this behavior should be brushed aside, and think Im deserving of half, if not ALL of my shipping expenses back, since thats what its going to cost me to drive and pick up the parts...

So, today I log-in and low and behold he's logged in and hasnt responded anywhere. Im still holding my breath for some resolution, but now its time for me to call him out on the megaphone. I dont have a problem paying money for shipping AND paying a premium price for the fenders, but I shouldnt have to deal with travelling 300+ miles to go get my fenders without him refunding something back. If he covers a tank of gas (which is only HALF of the driving I will have to do, I will be happy

TLDR: Paid a lot for a pair of fenders that got shipped to the wrong address and now seller wont respond
    Last edited by 2mAn; 01-25-2016, 12:38 PM.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Damn, that's jacked up. First you paid up the booty for fenders and now you have to drive 300 miles to get them? Lol that's lame.

Sellers need to be 100% on their communication or stop selling shit.
    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
    1991 318is - Sold
    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Funny I was considering buying these. Hope it all works out, and that they actualy are mint.

Comment

Stuff like that pisses me off. Chalk it up to lesson learned: now you (and everyone else who sees this) knows not to buy shit from him

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Simon, you're in Cali now...we have a lot of good parts here.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Damn that sucks. I remember he disappeared when i tried to get some parts of him a while back. Gave up on it and paying in google wallet is so inconvenient.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              Damn that sucks. I remember he disappeared when i tried to get some parts of him a while back. Gave up on it and paying in google wallet is so inconvenient.
              Google wallet is lame. The fact that he only accepted google wallet made me wary and I never purchased anything even though I wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                Google wallet is lame. The fact that he only accepted google wallet made me wary and I never purchased anything even though I wanted to.

Yep same here. The fact it doesnt let ypu make a payment off a credit card and only a linked back account made me never want to do it again.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  Simon, you're in Cali now...we have a lot of good parts here.
                  I got lucky to find the almost mint alpine fenders and they got destroyed when this happened, so it was either wait until another set pops up or get these... My buddy wanted to fix my car ASAP and said to buy them
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Man. Hope you get all this figured out! :/
                    Current:
                    1989 325i
                    1988 M3
                    1987 325ic
                    Past:
                    2001 330ci
                    2001 M3

Comment

You guys know I stay out of these kinds of threads but I'm about to make an exception. I've met Brandon at both the Vintage and at a Korman open house. Nice enough guy but...I've never done business with him despite having tried more than once and he is the only person on r3v that I've ever blocked.

Take it for what's it worth.
                      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                      Alice the Time Capsule
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                        Man. Hope you get all this figured out! :/
                        Me too, I just want my car back to looking like it did before. Its sitting now with a bunch of bent up parts and no bumpers. At least I know where the bumpers are, I found a "new" hood and valence, and was hoping to have the fenders installed already. I cant drive her with how ugly she looks right now

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                        You guys know I stay out of these kinds of threads but I'm about to make an exception. I've met Brandon at both the Vintage and at a Korman open house. Nice enough guy but...I've never done business with him despite having tried more than once and he is the only person on r3v that I've ever blocked.

Take it for what's it worth.
                        Sounds like this mofo is shady. I wont be happy about this until I see the fenders and see zero dings... but until then
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Guess I'll chime in. I bought a wiper linkage off of him. It arrived more or less as expected, but I had to borrow a few small pieces off my old one (some clips or something). Not the smoothest transaction I've done, for a few reasons, one of which I'm pretty sure was my fault (paid with paypal, but it wouldn't use my credit card for some reason (don't know why), ended up paying overdraft fees... twice!), but I got what I paid for within a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            Guess I'll chime in. I bought a wiper linkage off of him. It arrived more or less as expected, but I had to borrow a few small pieces off my old one (some clips or something). Not the smoothest transaction I've done, for a few reasons, one of which I'm pretty sure was my fault (paid with paypal, but it wouldn't use my credit card for some reason (don't know why), ended up paying overdraft fees... twice!), but I got what I paid for within a reasonable amount of time.

Thats why i hate the google wallet shit. It only allows bank account and just like you I didnt have the cash in my account right away so i was gonna out it on a card. I ended up just not buying yhe item cause 1 when i asked if he'd pay paypal for just that reason wanted to do a card. And mainly when i asked to do paypal he just ignored me.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

The question here is though, how the hell does this guy ship parts to the wrong part of the state and not even respond. An equivalent is if he shipped a part to Buffalo when you live in New York city. Its insane.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                              X