No announcement yet.

where, oh where are you B randon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about this Simon, hope he works it out or at least someone on r3v can help you.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Luckily, I have people who have helped me in NorCal, otherwise I would be paying $5/day until I drive 380 miles ONE WAY to go get them. This is bullshit and the longer he takes to respond, the more irritated I get.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I considered buying these back when he posted them, glad I passed on this but on the same note sorry to hear you got stiffed. Good luck with your trip upstate. On the flip side, it's a beauty of a drive.
        I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
        1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

I wonder if he will ever post here again?
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

The only transaction from here that I've ever had grief with was when the seller didn't want PayPal. He was "a friend of a friend" so I made an exception...wasn't pretty.

Typically people who don't accept PayPal have had their accounts closed for some reason. Big red flag IMO
            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
            Alice the Time Capsule
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

where, oh where are you B randon?

This is kinda revelant. If you are wary, ask them to throw it up on ebay and cover the 10% yourself. I bought my BBS rs wheels that way and the extra 10% for a legally binding transaction was definitely worth the peace of mind. Ships to the wrong address? Legitimate negative feedback. Doesn't respond? Same thing.
              BMW tech
              Umass Amherst
              05 wrx sti

Comment

Judging by his post history he won't even see this thread.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

All in favor of B randon being put in time out until
                  He sorts this out say I

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

If he gets put in timeout he can't respond. Regardless, it's not up for community vote.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Timeout? How about a good old- fashioned bare- bottom spanking?

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                        Timeout? How about a good old- fashioned bare- bottom spanking?

t
                        Let's keep it clean here, Toby. I'm sure there's a fetish thread somewhere in OT :giggle:

On topic though, I'm going through a failed shipment myself right now on a couple of Hartge Type A's. The seller initially didn't want to use Paypal (red flag), but I convinced him and it paid off. Today is the deadline for him to respond to my claim; I'm not expecting a response.

I'm sure a number of us have learned the hard way, but unfortunately you just can't seem to do much business online without protecting yourself from people like this.
                        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Best of luck Simon, I hope things work out. Despite having a large inventory of cluster and AFM parts, I choose not to do business with him. There were some complications years ago, can't remember exact details. Good luck!
                          Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                          BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                          www.BavRest.com
                          My Feedback Thread
                          Our Facebook!
                          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

This was maybe my first time dealing with Google Wallet (I think I used it once before for non- car related stuff) ... so its definitely a no-go going forward.

At the same time this was going on I sent a Paypal "gift" to a rennlist member for some wheels, sight unseen and have zero qualms about it. I got some 16x6 & 16x8 D90s for $200 with tires! of course I havent picked those up yet either, but I am less skeptical about that deal than this one.

I dont feel cheated because he still sent the fenders, I just want him to say, "I waffled up, my bad, heres some gas money for the trouble." Seems like an easy mistake to fix
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              This was maybe my first time dealing with Google Wallet (I think I used it once before for non- car related stuff) ... so its definitely a no-go going forward.

At the same time this was going on I sent a Paypal "gift" to a rennlist member for some wheels, sight unseen and have zero qualms about it. I got some 16x6 & 16x8 D90s for $200 with tires! of course I havent picked those up yet either, but I am less skeptical about that deal than this one.

I dont feel cheated because he still sent the fenders, I just want him to say, "I waffled up, my bad, heres some gas money for the trouble." Seems like an easy mistake to fix
                              The dude parts a bunch of cars and finds a lot of great deals, but my interactions with him pretty much mirror the rest. He will do things his way and no other and will not budge on anything. I highly doubt you'll see any type of refund, but I do believe you will receive what was advertised.
                              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

OP will still get his parts, yet with extra cost in money and time. It sure sucks, but out of a bad situation, let's try to see a positive outcome.

Everyone here will have learned a lesson. Paypal or bust. And if a seller insists on being sent money as a gift to save the fee, then don't hesitate to suggest you'll pay the extra 3%. It is cheap insurance.

As for that B Randon dude. It is too bad for him. For not aknowledging his mistake and trying to save $20 or $30 in gas money to be refunded, he won't sell anymore on this forum. His lost is greater than the OP's.

Now, look out for new members parting cars under new names and required Google Wallet. It could be B Randon. ;-)
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X