Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 32434324234, added some M54's and S54s ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Camless IP car today!

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Added another F80, an M20, and a S52 M coupe.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

When I saw "m20" I was wondering if you tuned something OBD1 lol.

That's getting close to max allowed HP in Spec e30. I would rather be at 155hp and at minimum weight, than be 140lbs heavier for that extra 7hp.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Those are STD numbers keep in mind (though this dyno reads a smidg low) but NASA reads everything SAE....

Check Us out on Facebook
            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

did you ever figure out that lean/rich issue with that one M20? was it the TPS or something else?

I did find my old dyno sheet that showed the same issue, but I solved it by switching to Megasquirt.. :|
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                did you ever figure out that lean/rich issue with that one M20? was it the TPS or something else?

I did find my old dyno sheet that showed the same issue, but I solved it by switching to Megasquirt.. :|
                Link to the dyno sheet?

I have put a lot of m20 e30's on the dyno, spec, street and general race cars. I have found that simply swapping DME's and AFM's around can make a huge difference (as much as 25hp in some areas) and an AFM/DME that works good together on one car, doesn't on another. I have to wonder if the AFM's were tweaked for each car before they left the factory.

I won't say which ones publicly, but certain ECU's have a different timing map right from the factory, too.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  Link to the dyno sheet?

I have put a lot of m20 e30's on the dyno, spec, street and general race cars. I have found that simply swapping DME's and AFM's around can make a huge difference (as much as 25hp in some areas) and an AFM/DME that works good together on one car, doesn't on another. I have to wonder if the AFM's were tweaked for each car before they left the factory.

I won't say which ones publicly, but certain ECU's have a different timing map right from the factory, too.
                  We tried 3-4ECUS (173, 525, etc) and a few different AFMs with no aval. Spent more money on dyno time on a stupid M20 than i have on any other car :P
                  Originally posted by nando View Post

This was the one, and never figured it out. Trimmed it out with AFM :(

Check Us out on Facebook
                  Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                    Those are STD numbers keep in mind (though this dyno reads a smidg low) but NASA reads everything SAE....
                    its funny how every dyno operator says their dyno reads low, i wonder where all the high reading dynos are...lol.

as an outside observer yours seems to read a little high based on the bone stock runs...its not way out there but certainly not on the low side IMO not that it matters when you do a back to back and look at the delta
                    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Im trying to get a customer to run over to dynolab in marietta to get some conclusive evidence.

The reason the runs seem on par now for the most part is because the numbers are fudged up ~2% by switching to STD from SAE.

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Hey Dave - sent you a PM on a tune - Finally ready to send my ECU out! :):):)
                        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                        '95 525iT
                        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                        '98 Disco 1

Comment

Since you are posting the WinPEP screenshots, you could easily edit that in the software. In the end it doesn't matter much since you are doing back to back on the same dyno. I also use the same dyno for everything to keep it consistent, plus my buddy gives me rates so good, it's silly to go anywhere else. He straps the car down, hands me the remote and goes about his business, gives me a total when we are done.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

fair point about the correction factor, for stock s54 if you factor by ~-2% to get to SAE your dyno is about bang on where it should be. Same with the spec m20 i have heaps of data on them.

if you look at data from numerous shops then its just natural variation. there is always a shop down the road looking for more business that tries to pump up the numbers for example dyno dynamics operators correcting to read what a dyno jet reads. given there is no absolute correction between the two they are just randomly fudging things.
                            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Ill come back with data ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Update 4/7/15
                                No tuning here, just a dyno to dyno comparison... Car is an M52 318ti, M50 manifold, S52 Cams, Headers, Exhaust, 3.5" MAF, BBTB
                                A shops dyno in atlanta with their tune on it:

Same car same tune on the dyno we use (Switched run to SAE because the other shops dyno is run on SAE):

STD Run:

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X