Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're "planning on FI down the road" just do what is right for your car now, and worry about all of that FI jazz later. You'll save yourself a lot of headache, and it will help you build the right kit without sacrificing or the mid-build change of heart many of us experience. In either case, neither the 17 or 19lb injectors would be sufficient for more than a fraction of a bar of boost.

With a properly working o2 sensor, the ECU with stock tune can adjust for the M50 17.5lb injectors, and some say it can handle the 19lb injectors as well, but not in my experience with a wideband on that setup, it does not do that well.

Yep, we have tunes for pretty much any size injector!

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
      If you're "planning on FI down the road" just do what is right for your car now, and worry about all of that FI jazz later. You'll save yourself a lot of headache, and it will help you build the right kit without sacrificing or the mid-build change of heart many of us experience. In either case, neither the 17 or 19lb injectors would be sufficient for more than a fraction of a bar of boost.

With a properly working o2 sensor, the ECU with stock tune can adjust for the M50 17.5lb injectors, and some say it can handle the 19lb injectors as well, but not in my experience with a wideband on that setup, it does not do that well.

Yep, we have tunes for pretty much any size injector!
      http://sssquid.com/v2/shop/e30/e30-3...ersion-chip-2/
      alllllright. Yeah I can see myself falling into the "mid-build change of heart" as more time and money is spent. Soooo would it be ideal to just rebuild stock 325i injectors (which I already have) and go with that? Either way i'm getting a chip from you whichever route I go
      Last edited by deeze30; 03-16-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Well, if you're definitely getting a tune, then go for rebuilt 19lb or M50 injectors from MEPEH. He's on the forums here, you can just search his name, or check out his website http://www.mepeh.com/. Very nice, quick turnaround, and always quality.

Out of the two I would choose the updated plastic body 19lb injectors over the M50. I believe he has the proper 19lb @ 3bar injectors (make sure which ones you get! There are two types that look almost identical. One is 19lb @ 3.5bar and the other is 19lb @ 3bar.) Let me know which one you get at checkout and I'll make sure you get the proper tune.

Comment

I've read thru alot of this thread and some others and think I have enough info for what I'm about to do but would like you guys that have done this confirm I'm doing it right.

I have an 87 325is with exploded pistons and completely ruined bottom end. Today I bought a running 88 325 from a friend of mine for $650. Based on everything I've read, all 88 325 cars have the super eta engine. My plan is simply to take the lower end out of the 88 super eta and put it in the 87 325is and then put the head, intake and all of the other parts from the 87 325is back on and that will complete the simple conversion for me. Obviously the head will go to the machine shop first for pressure testing, etc.

So engine wise, everything on this 87 325is will be from the 325is except the bottom end which will be from the super eta.

Extra bonus, the 88 super eta is a manual and the 87 is auto so I will be swapping the manual over to the is as well.

Comment

Although, I guess in my case it doesn't matter if it's a super eta or just a regular eta since I'm only using the bottom end.

Comment

Except for the pistons, which is why I'm a noob at this.

Comment

Originally posted by dudem3 View Post
                I've read thru alot of this thread and some others and think I have enough info for what I'm about to do but would like you guys that have done this confirm I'm doing it right.

I have an 87 325is with exploded pistons and completely ruined bottom end. Today I bought a running 88 325 from a friend of mine for $650. Based on everything I've read, all 88 325 cars have the super eta engine. My plan is simply to take the lower end out of the 88 super eta and put it in the 87 325is and then put the head, intake and all of the other parts from the 87 325is back on and that will complete the simple conversion for me. Obviously the head will go to the machine shop first for pressure testing, etc.

So engine wise, everything on this 87 325is will be from the 325is except the bottom end which will be from the super eta.

Extra bonus, the 88 super eta is a manual and the 87 is auto so I will be swapping the manual over to the is as well.
                It sounds about right. I'm doing the conversion also except i'm using an eta block

Comment

Numbers ?

Hey guys.

I am in process of swapping my engine with a 2.7 eta with 2.5i head.
                  Engine is done and should run fine ....

In the meantime I also got cheap an 325i with sport 288 cams ...

I am a bit in doubt on what should I install.
                  Should I put the 2.7 with the 2.5head or the 325i with the cams ?

Has anyone dynoed the 2.7 conversion ?
                  The 325i with the cams pulls 194hp. but never dynoed a 2.7 with 2.5 head.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Parts for e2i swap

If anyone in SWFL area,I am parting out 1990 325i.Front end damage.I wanted manual swap, motor and rest of Briliant Rot/tan sport interior (seats rough) sedan avail.Willing to swap/ sell parts VERY reasonably. Need to remove from current location PRONTO. U pull I pull ,whatever. Shipping CONSIDERED on part by part basis.Not looking to make a fast buck,trying to get what I need in return. style 5's?? :D Otherwise she has a date with scrapper REAL SOON!!
                    Last edited by binnavert; 05-25-2015, 03:55 PM. Reason: update

Comment

I have a question on the c103 from my 86 splicing into an I harness. I found it's the white glovebox connector, 3 wires: black to tach, green/red to obc main relay which can be ignored, and yellow/white to econometer. I'm having trouble finding which black wire is ecu pin 6 and which whit/black is pin 32 to match with the respective c103 wires. Am I stuck guessing until I hit the right one? Also out of curiosity which is the one that tells the ecu when it's time to wake up? Thanks!

Comment

I'd be happy to help, but I'm 1200 miles from my desktop PC, I can't do the ETM gracefully from my phone, sorry

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Turns out I was just fine with the tach connected and the main & o2 relays not in the wrong place. Ill have to edit once my parts arrive how it runs when warm. Idled not bad, didn't like load at all. It's being challenged with wrong displacement 2.7, m30 afm, m50 injectors, and an eta exhaust broken at the downpipe. I'll see just how adaptive these computers are.

Edit: Car does not like m30 afm, needs to be kept alive for a bit and randomly loses all power sometimes. Put a m20 afm in, I don't know if it's even misfired once in 150 miles. M50 injectors and 2.5 bar fpr.

The new product doesn't have the same 1200 rpm grunt anymore, but anywhere above the power is equal or greater. Very satisfying when I get above 5000 and it just keeps climbing faster. Smoothest noise I've ever heard coming out of my tailpipe, it instantly started up and felt perfectly refined. Would do again
                          Last edited by whitebulat22; 09-26-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Just so y'all know, there's no reason to cut the hole in your firewall bigger. Just remove the big plastic sheath from the ECU plug, it'll fit through fine then. I have mine ziptied to the ECU, if you wanna be meticulous put the sheath back on once it's through the hole. No muss, no fuss, no potential for additional rust problems down the road.

There are a few screws and a rubber gasket holding the plug in the sheath -- once those are undone you can gently slide the sheath down the harness. Split it with a sharp knife and pry it open enough to slip the harness out. I did mine without breaking it.

1986 327i
                            transaction feedback
                            DIY thing
                            meh

Comment

This has probably been explained but I'm not about to read 28 pgs again.

Will an IX harness work for this and how many cars actually have a 1 piece harness vs a separate injector harness ? Realoem shows harnes PNs changing every 6 months

Does it even matter as long as you get the whole thing ?
                              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                              Alice the Time Capsule
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

The separate injector harness started in 5/88. The complete harness from any Motronic 1.1 or 1.3 M20 will work.

1986 327i
                                transaction feedback
                                DIY thing
                                meh

Comment

Working...
                                X