Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Animals are tasty. Fuck 'em for being lower on the food chain.

(We do eat veggie a few meals a week though)
    That's better than most. Reverse it to where you are eating meat only a few times a week and you will be doing the world and yourself a huge favor.
    I'm not a PETA guy by any means, but converting the world to eating a few less meat portions a week is the equivalent of taking millions of cars off the road. (The exact statistic is buried in the interwebs, just too lazy to site it.) Of course, vegetarianism will be required for most except the affluent if we get to the populations projected in the next 30 or 40 years. So either way, it will work itself out.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah the water/grain necessary to breed animals is pretty staggering.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

apparently there is no AGW in Russia these days, or for that matter the great PNW where snowpack/rainfall are above normal and temps below normal

Brutally cold Russian winter kills 123 people www.smh.com.au December 26, 2012 A bitter cold spell in Russia has claimed 123 lives in the past 10 days, an official says, with the unseasonably early…
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
          That's better than most. Reverse it to where you are eating meat only a few times a week and you will be doing the world and yourself a huge favor.
          I'm not a PETA guy by any means, but converting the world to eating a few less meat portions a week is the equivalent of taking millions of cars off the road. (The exact statistic is buried in the interwebs, just too lazy to site it.) Of course, vegetarianism will be required for most except the affluent if we get to the populations projected in the next 30 or 40 years. So either way, it will work itself out.
          convert the majority to eating seasonably (less transportation costs/effects) and local (same) also

side note;
          i have food allergies, mostly to wheat. I did a elimination diet that, for the middle two weeks out of 4 went completely vegan, and I had more energy and felt physically/mentally better than I have in a long long time. the hard part was the lack of volume, not feeling hungry.
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
            Of course, vegetarianism will be required for most except the affluent if we get to the populations projected in the next 30 or 40 years. So either way, it will work itself out.
            Are you sure those projections are right, maybe they have been wrong all along? Or maybe this one is wrong?

The world’s seemingly relentless march toward overpopulation achieved a notable milestone in 2012: Somewhere on the planet, according to U.S. Census...

Either way, it's a small proof for me anyway that a scientific idea may not be settled.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              for that matter the great PNW where snowpack/rainfall are above normal and temps below normal
              Cool story, where I live we had 25" of rain last year, avg is 41"

Case study != generalization
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                Are you sure those projections are right, maybe they have been wrong all along? Or maybe this one is wrong?

The world’s seemingly relentless march toward overpopulation achieved a notable milestone in 2012: Somewhere on the planet, according to U.S. Census...

Either way, it's a small proof for me anyway that a scientific idea may not be settled.
                I remember taking a Differential Equations class in university 20 years ago and reading the end of the book that we never got to (just for fun) and it had a case study that showed mathematically the population maxing out around 10.5 to 11 billion people based on current (at the time) food production capacity and other factors. Of course dealing with human emotion, education and humanity issues is not something that is easy to account for when making predictions when it comes to population. Hopefully for the sake of the planet and our future the population does decline, however so will the economy when it does.
                sigpic

Comment

apparently there is no AGW in Russia these days
                  http://globalfreeze.wordpress.com/20...ls-123-people/
                  NASA Finds 2011 Ninth-Warmest Year on Record

The global average surface temperature in 2011 was the ninth warmest since 1880, according to NASA scientists. The finding continues a trend in which nine of the 10 warmest years in the modern meteorological record have occurred since the year 2000.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fea...011-temps.html
                  Weather extremes, therefore global warming is a sham. Nevermind scientists who put men on the moon and sent multiple rovers to Mars telling us that the average temperatures are indeed rising, they're corrupt agenda driven "scientists" pushing a religion.

Wonder how many more terrible posts he makes before he goes back to claiming no one responds to the data he brings to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                    You cited a source, we shut it down based on the inaccuracies found in it and not solely the individuals or the host of the information....what exactly more do you expect? Do you pose your questions with only one potential response in mind, and if you don't receive you make these wild accusations of not being responded to sufficiently? You get EXACTLY what you ask for, and now you're claiming you don't. You're an idiot.
                    This is an excellent point, and to nobody's surprise, it was completely ignored by the resident troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      This is an excellent point, and to nobody's surprise, it was completely ignored by the resident troll.
                      brave, instead of peeking around from behind someone's back with your pea shooter, here's a challenge. post an original thought.
                      Last edited by gwb72tii; 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM.
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                        Weather extremes, therefore global warming is a sham. Nevermind scientists who put men on the moon and sent multiple rovers to Mars telling us that the average temperatures are indeed rising, they're corrupt agenda driven "scientists" pushing a religion.

Wonder how many more terrible posts he makes before he goes back to claiming no one responds to the data he brings to the table.
                        nope, more of a response to nando posting (i think it was nando) that 2012 is the warmest on record for the USA.

fuck you guys need to lighten up

BTW - aren't we entering a sunspot minimum period?
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

and you wonder why anyone could possibly question AGW

Dr. Peter Gleick was the Chair of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Task Force on Scientific Integrity. As he tells the tale, he received a document from an anonymous sender purporting to come originally from the Heartland Institute. He wanted to verify the accuracy of the document. So far, so good. At that point, it seems like a man with integrity would go to Joe Bast at Heartland and say “Hey, Joe, I got this crazy letter. Is any of this true?”. If Peter was rebuffed there, he could consider other options.

Not Peter. Instead of taking the straight path, he went corkscrew. He called up some poor hapless secretary at the Heartland Institute, and impersonated a Company Director in order to obtain confidential company Board of Directors briefing papers. There’s a technical name for that kind of action. It’s called “wire fraud”.

i mean, with the lilly white AGW scientists, who could doubt their intentions?

entire story here;
                          Please Turn Around, Dr. Gundersen, You’re Blowing Your One Chance! Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach I was ruminating about Peter Gleick, and the AGU Task Force on Scientific Integrity, when I …
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

nope, more of a response to nando posting (i think it was nando) that 2012 is the warmest on record for the USA.
                            I wonder why? Likely because it was...

Comment

more AGW

wait, wait, i forgot, it's colder because of global warming
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

what you don't see is the "rare" part that is happening all over the place.

wheres your rebuttal to the hottest year on record? 2012 beat 1998 by 1 degree when usually the averages differ by tenths of a degree. of course since you won't bother to read the article, I'll point out that the difference between the coldest year on record (1917) and the previous hottest (1998 ) was only 4.2 degrees.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X