Another E30 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another E30 Project

Finally completed the project enough for a drive after months and months of work on this car. It took a maiden voyage last night.

Initial driving show that the car is crazy flat through corners. Even w/ higher spring rate than we ran in the 2.5 RS on some 8611 Koni DA dampers (zzyzx motorsports), it rides better too. I know it sounds insane but it does. AST's from Vorshlag are quite nice! Special thanks go out to the VM guys for really making sure we were happy w/ our AST purchase and getting us the spring rates and brand we wanted! Just need to get the exhaust buttoned up now. Sounds mean w/ just the stock downtubes cut after the cats (one cat has a hole in it)... but not my taste at all.

Can't wait to get it out to an autocross for a shake down and drive it in anger.
    Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

haha, I love the roundels!

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

That is awesome! What rates are the ASTs? And are you running aftermarket sways?

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Bars: Currently the front swaybar is removed and the rear is detached. I need to convert to strut mount for swaybar links as at this height, there was no way I could connect the swaybar w/ the stock links up front. Also need to reinforce the mounting points. The plan is to only run a front swaybar... for starters it will be stock, but I forsee going w/ closer to a 25mm up front.

Rates: 700 front / 950 rear :D

Comment

lol u tk him 2da bar|?
          Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
            lol u tk him 2da bar|?
            Wha?

Comment

NICE! I really like the roundels lol. ;)
              E30- 1989 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge View Post
                NICE! I really like the roundels lol. ;)
                ditto
                Originally posted by ebelements
                Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by GotCone? View Post
                  Wha?
                  Its a quote from 4chan's rules. Anyways nice track machine and have fun with it.
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

Great job. I think shifty roundels would look good too.
                    WTB: Startec tail lights. Let me know what you have!

Comment

I felt that shifty is played out. I wanted to do something different. I had and OMG one I was contemplating instead of this squinty I went with. Plus a local E30 guy Chris (to whom the usage of emoticons came from for me) has shifty on his steering wheel. Pics don't do the detail of squinty justice. It's a nice vector based one w/ subtle shading.

Comment

Just a quick update.

Car had it's first thrashing this past weekend

couple pics:

*more pics here

and a video of Doug driving it on one of the slower courses at MAC in a while.

This is an '87 325is picked up and driven home for $800. Then completely gone through and upgraded including a nice set of AST coilovers from Vorshlag. No sw...

Car has no swaybars attached at the moment. Needs a front, should be fine w/o a rear. Also need to resolve the lack of working ABS issue as well. Video doesn't have much good audio... considering the exhaust still isn't finished and has no muffler... other than that... a glipse at what I've been working on, finally getting some abuse.
                        That was a couple weeks ago.

Car now has the stock front bar back on w/ IE swaybar links (still running no rear swaybar on purpose) and I pick it up w/ the exhaust fabrication all finished up soon. Just in time to take it out to the track in MPH tomorrow!

Of course... the tach quite working :(

Hankook banner is gone.. a flat black vinyl one to go in it's place eventually. rear spoiler is coming off for a stock IS spoiler that is unpainted in black... aero work to take place on the front later this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X