E30 sedan M body conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
    This car has inspired me to do a 4-door E30 M3 touring convertible diesel.
    baur?

Comment

If i was to ever do a m3 body conversion, it would be on a Convertable e30, the easiest, all you need is front guards, m3 quarters

Comment

Originally posted by B2702 View Post
        If i was to ever do a m3 body conversion, it would be on a Convertable e30, the easiest, all you need is front guards, m3 quarters
        even though this is somewhat true BUT don't think it is a straigh forward job of just transfering the body panels from m3 to the vert - nothing fits, everything has to be custom cut, welded, etc... custom brakets are required, definetly a huge project, easier to do that the coupe, but still, it requires great skills and talent

Comment

It must not be too hard, M3 Cabrios were sold in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Cogley View Post
            It must not be too hard, M3 Cabrios were sold in Europe.
            :ohsnap:

ignorance is a bliss....

that's what I heard when I was building my vert - It must not be too hard, M3 Cabrios were sold in Europe...

what does your statement mean?

yes, BMW made E30 M3 vert, a whole bunch of 786 of them, how many are left on the road today, maybe half of them :loco:

Do you think there are any used e30 m3 vert specific parts available?

quarter panels (M3 Vert specific) were $1750 each from the dealer :eeek:

yes, the convertible is easier to do than the 4dr, but don't say it's easy if you haven't done it, it requires skills, dedication and budget

my

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
              yes, the convertible is easier to do than the 4dr, but don't say it's easy if you haven't done it, it requires skills, dedication and budget

my
              ZING +1

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                Vlad, there is a guy over on E46fanatics that has done a swap S54 SMG into an E30 and its fully working and running. The guy is a MIT grad and was a project. Ill see if I can find the thread. It is well documented.

Edit found it!

Is it wrong that now I want those 19" E46 M3 wheels on my car?
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                  This car has inspired me to do a 4-door E30 M3 touring convertible diesel.

I take it your kidding. But that diesel comment shouldn't be so tongue in cheek.....

There are a couple Isuzu 1.8L and 2.0L diesels, that were cranking out close to 275hp and 400+torque.

I was looking into building one of these for an autox car, fitted into a Chevy Chevette with mondo flares and big tires.....In the end, the weight limits weren't were we needed them. The car could have fit into SM2 but given it's sedan nature with solid axles, it wouldn't be competitive. Even at the 2000ish lb limit, and with 400lbs TQ.

If my car were purely for street cruising/fun, I'd look heavily into a built BMW diesel..............Building power is SO simple. Add fuel and boost........then just keep adding until the point of failure. Build another and back off a bit. Done.
                  sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post
                    I take it your kidding. But that diesel comment shouldn't be so tongue in cheek.....

There are a couple Isuzu 1.8L and 2.0L diesels, that were cranking out close to 275hp and 400+torque.

I was looking into building one of these for an autox car, fitted into a Chevy Chevette with mondo flares and big tires.....In the end, the weight limits weren't were we needed them. The car could have fit into SM2 but given it's sedan nature with solid axles, it wouldn't be competitive. Even at the 2000ish lb limit, and with 400lbs TQ.

If my car were purely for street cruising/fun, I'd look heavily into a built BMW diesel..............Building power is SO simple. Add fuel and boost........then just keep adding until the point of failure. Build another and back off a bit. Done.

That sounds lame.

Comment

It wouldn't have had much cool factor.

The guy I was working on that with built a Dodge pickup with 2,000lbs of torque. Diesel's may not be a screamin' I6 or small displacement 4 valve V8, but you can't argue with the power.
                      sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Working...
                      X