No announcement yet.

Garagetotal Kuhfänger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noticing recently that I've detracted from the feel and "class" of BMW with a few things. I have a lot of plans just to clean up the look of the car.
    I was super pumped about the BRIDE when I first got it, and while its awesome and feels cool to drive in, it takes away from the classic feel of the rest of the car.

So the BRIDE is up on CL.
    Garagistic E30 Seat Adapters up on eBay.

Probably going to take my valence to a shop to get it painted next week.
    I have a lot of maintenance parts that need to go on as well.

Comment

Did a couple small things today. Swapped out a new horn button from Renown.

Tinted my other tail light so now I'm matching in the rear.

Comment

This car is so classy and understated. Love it! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
          I was super pumped about the BRIDE when I first got it, and while its awesome and feels cool to drive in, it takes away from the classic feel of the rest of the car.

I agree that the BRIDE didn't really fit the aesthetic set forth with your other mods. With that being said it was a cool piece, and I think I speak for most when I say we trust you to keep this thing classy and tasteful :). Just keep doing your thing with this

1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
          1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
          E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

car is looking great. thats probably my favorite e30 color.

i agree with whippersnapper and yourself that the bride seat doesn't fit in very well with the theme of what you are doing. maybe look around for a set of recaros in tan?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              car is looking great. thats probably my favorite e30 color.

i agree with whippersnapper and yourself that the bride seat doesn't fit in very well with the theme of what you are doing. maybe look around for a set of recaros in tan?
              I agree! I told him I've got a set of really nice tan recaros I'll sell him :)

Comment

Gonna sell the car.
                No more major purchases.
                Current daily is loosing it so I'm gonna get rid of both and get something nice.

Comment

Things have come a long way

Comment

Did you sell it?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Did you sell it?
                      No. Im currently trying to scheme up a way to get a new reliable daily so I can keep the BMW or try to run current daily into the ground while I try to make the BMW daily worthy. I would love to daily the BMW. But some major things need to happen before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
                        No. Im currently trying to scheme up a way to get a new reliable daily so I can keep the BMW or try to run current daily into the ground while I try to make the BMW daily worthy. I would love to daily the BMW. But some major things need to happen before hand.
                        Yea I hear ya. My E30 slowly became a track car only for me to realize that its not a good race car. Its awesome on the track, but to be in a group and be competitive, Id be racing against some big bucks. So now I wish I could go back to daily driving the E30, but mines too far into "track car" so Im scheming a trade to have a daily E30... then I just have to get rid of the current daily, which hopefully will happen soon. My Datsun is almost ready to come home and theres no where to park it!...

The E30 is a wonderful Daily, but theres a lot of things that need to be addressed for it to be a reliable daily. These cars are all around 30 years old now
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Yea I hear ya. My E30 slowly became a track car only for me to realize that its not a good race car. Its awesome on the track, but to be in a group and be competitive, Id be racing against some big bucks. So now I wish I could go back to daily driving the E30, but mines too far into "track car" so Im scheming a trade to have a daily E30... then I just have to get rid of the current daily, which hopefully will happen soon. My Datsun is almost ready to come home and theres no where to park it!...

The E30 is a wonderful Daily, but theres a lot of things that need to be addressed for it to be a reliable daily. These cars are all around 30 years old now

Mine isn't to far in one way to not be a daily it just needs to have some luxuries fixed, added, and refreshed.

To daily it, I'd need to fix all the rust spots which isn't many at all, fix the A/C, add a radio, refresh to the whole drivetrain as much as I could, new brakes all around. Fix all the leaks (Oil, Power Steering, Trans) Then I could think about dailying it.

If I can have 100% guarantee that I can make it to Cincinnati, which is about an hour and a half away, and back comfortably with no hiccups then Im ok with it being my daily.

Comment

Alright. I've always been hesitant to do large projects on this car because of my lack of knowledge or I was scared I'd screw something up beyond repair.

But I'm tired of not having the car I want so I'm just gonna say screw it and start ripping stuff off the car.

I have so many ideas that I want to come to fruition but its going to take time because I know almost nothing unless its about suspension, and money.

Last night I ripped the power steering out of my car and figured out where the massive leak was coming from and I've ordered the parts already. Hopefully next is getting some aesthetic stuff taken care of like the nasty brown window trim and the rear black faded bumper trim.

Also just gonna put the damn valence on already although its not been painted.

Cheers.

Comment

what did you use on the carpets?? they came out great... amazing...
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              '90 325i sedan daily driven
                              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                                what did you use on the carpets?? they came out great... amazing...
                                I used a carpet cleaner called Resolve. It foams on and I scrubbed with a soft brush and then pressure washed it while it was hanging.

Comment

Working...
                                X