X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlad View Post
    $7k for the motor

the SMG will not work on e30
    It's not SMG, and yes you can work an SMG into an e30. There is a build going on somewhere on teh internetz, the guy stripped the whole car and installed the entire e46 wiring harness with all of the t/c and s/c sensors, flappy paddles, etc...It's pretty fucking insane, took him over a year.

Comment

WOW. i like this project. it looks :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCams View Post
        Oh my, how hard is that swap?? That's sick i had no idea that could work in an E30 chassis. I was having thoughts of selling my car due to financial problems but F that im keeping this car until i can drop either an S52 into it or an S54!
        No, no, no, no, no....sell your car....mainly to me :-D

I am serious.

Comment

S54's weigh like 450, right? Almost defeats the point.
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by RedHoodRidah View Post
            Does ya mean this beaut?

i want those wheels on my e30. anyone know what size they are? i know they are a 5 lug Hartge wheel
            "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

yeah it would cost about $1 to $2k for body work and paint.
              Benji

'90 M50 + M3 Tranny e30 - SOLD
              '99 528iT (M5 Rep bumper) - SOLD
              '03 ML350 - For Sale

BIMMERLESS at the moment. :???:

Comment

Originally posted by RedStar240 View Post

lol... it kills me to read replies like this from people who have no idea about what they are talking about... hahaha...

yeah... exactly, good luck with $2k project

that's exactly the reason why so many projects end up looking like shit, because people think that for $3k they can build e30 M3 look alike :tsk:

Comment

somehow that red 4dr M3 doesn't look as good as I thought a 4dr E30 M3-rep would. Nothing to do with the execution, just something not right about it.

Comment

lol... it kills me to read replies like this from people who have no idea about what they are talking about... hahaha...

yeah... exactly, good luck with $2k project

that's exactly the reason why so many projects end up looking like shit, because people think that for $3k they can build e30 M3 look alike :tsk:
                    Well if they do all the body work themselves and are very good at it maybe?

I agree, if you have no clue what you are doing and have to pay someone to do it, 1K won't even get you a nice respray. Add any sort of dent removal, let alone fabrication or mounting of non original body panels and forget it, you've alread spent 2-3 times the price of the car.

AWS Gorillas

-For those who help defend others against wheel-snobs and their associated douchebaggery.

Comment

$11 to $12k is what you meant to type.
                      Originally posted by Gruelius
                      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

where are you finding the stock e30m3 body panels for less than $5?

ive seen back halfs cut off of m3s sell for over $500 on ebay. add the stock front quarters for $200 a piece (est). youre close to a grand in panels alone. add the front and rear bumpers for meh $200 a piece (if you can find REAL ones, not cheap knock offs)

the quarters bolt on obviously, and the front and rear bumpers wouldnt be to difficult. $1k+ (maybe)

cutting the rear section of the roof to fit the cap, and make the trunk sit right. fitting the rear quarters so that the rear doors function and there is no huge gaps. youre looking at a minimum of $3-4k+ after supplies etc.

so maybe MAYBE a minimum of $8k. and thats BEFORE paint and any other body filling, smoothing. and we wont even get started on fitting a S14 into the equation (metric mechanics basic motor starts at 7500).

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
                          Frank how'd you know about Terry's. I love that place they do great work.

Comment

Actually the Sayther S54 swap is up and running already .

And please guys don't compare that junker Eurostop shit kitted car to a "M3 body conversion" . :|

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

the SMG will not work on e30

Vlad, there is a guy over on E46fanatics that has done a swap S54 SMG into an E30 and its fully working and running. The guy is a MIT grad and was a project. Ill see if I can find the thread. It is well documented.

Edit found it!
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

This car has inspired me to do a 4-door E30 M3 touring convertible diesel.
                                R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Working...
                                X