Alright, since they are asked about:

RTRS Camber Plates: 5 out of 10.

Highs:
    Adjustable
    Cheap
    Allows you to retain stock upper bushing

Lows:

Horrible Installation.
    The studs are not to be tightened over 10 ft/lbs at any time, or they will round off, and turn into a nightmare very very fast. If you run a strut bar, make sure you have a dremel with a cut off wheel handy, and make sure you get more of the square pegs, as you will soon go over the 10 ft/lbs maximum within the 3rd/4th turn.
    I used a torque wrench during the whole process, and never went above 10 ft/lbs, yet this still happened.

Why?
    Because as you install the nut on the stud, you natually apply downward force, thus popping the stud out of its track just enough to strip. This turns the job into a two person one. Not acceptable. Also, the way the plate bolts up skews the bolts at akward angles as they pass through the holes. In fairness, I am running the Sparc.....I mean IE strut bar, which is a POS in its own review that doesnt help the situation.

Thick as all get-out.
    Thick = No suspension. Enough Said.

Once installed, you get to whack the plate to move it!
    Awesome. Go RTRS.

In conclusion. I love RTRS Subframe Bushings and Trailing Arm bushings, but these camber plates are terrible, and are a half attemped "performance upgrade". I am still running them only until I get something better.
    Their only saving grace is that you can shave the rubber backing late down to reduce the thickness, and they are adjustable.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Nice writeup...I think this oughta go straight to RTRS. Although, i'm sure you're not the first to complain.

Real happy I bought these now. :D
    Trevor Ely
    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
      Nice writeup...I think this oughta go straight to RTRS. Although, i'm sure you're not the first to complain.

Do these help with boulevard cruising? ;)
      Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
        Originally posted by bmwm3n528

Do these help with boulevard cruising? ;)
        You enjoy this, eh?

It's going soon, just give me some time.
        Trevor Ely
        '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
        '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Working...
        X