My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    This is a transfer case mount. I am not aware of the ix having a transmission mount.

What do you think holds up the transmission?

Comment

The condor mount is threaded? Didn't look like it was..
      Build Thread
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
      Parts Thread
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

The stock mount is threaded, the condor mount is not.

Another reason i dont think that mount is a good idea is the single mount design is meant to twist when loaded up - possibly to reduce torque shock on the drivetrain.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
          What do you think holds up the transmission?
          The cross member supports the transfer case which is connected to the transmission. The only mount is the transfer case mount as far as I am aware. Unless you are calling that the transmission mount. But nothing directly supports the transmission on an ix.
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Ended up installing a new fuel pump yesterday night. Let me say, car feels amazing. Pump solved my stalling issues too. It was most def the issue all along.

Looked dusty.

Decent size difference. I ended up having to cut a little off the base of the original support to get the filter for the Walbro to fit properly. Everything was snug as a bug though after. I used the butt connectors received from CAtuned and heat shrink.

Car runs great, idle still a little high while it's adapting, but smoother and smoother with each start. Who would have known an M20 could feel so good?

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              The stock mount is threaded, the condor mount is not.

Another reason i dont think that mount is a good idea is the single mount design is meant to twist when loaded up - possibly to reduce torque shock on the drivetrain.
              Yeah, save yourself the headache, buy a oe one! Don't mess with the condor transmission mount. Basically I have a friend that just installed one and essentially he said "Don't get a Condor Mount" "Stupid fucking decision". He has GC coils/ 80a poly rear subframe bushes. Not just like he can't handle the noise/ vibration. But it actually sucks a lot, and isn't a upgrade. He just put it in last night.
              Build Thread
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
              Parts Thread
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                Yeah, save yourself the headache, buy a oe one! Don't mess with the condor transmission mount. Basically I have a friend that just installed one and essentially he said "Don't get a Condor Mount" "Stupid fucking decision". He has GC coils/ 80a poly rear subframe bushes. Not just like he can't handle the noise/ vibration. But it actually sucks a lot, and isn't a upgrade. He just put it in last night.

I wasn't impressed with it either. It didn't fit right and the sleeve the bolt goes through was extremely loose. I didn't see how the mount was going to work. I just ordered an OE one from ECS tuning, they are on sale for 34.

Comment

So this morning I started the car and it died. It started to replicate the issues I though my replacing the fuel pump would fix...

So far I've replaced the FPR, fuel filter and fuel pump. The car should be so solid by this point, but I must have overlooked something. Im going to test the injectors and see if the orings are possibly not seated right. I'm sure they are old. It's the only thing I can think of that causes the car to stall after sitting for a 12hr period. Possibly the injectors pressurize after the engine is revved or something cause that seems to resolve the sputter and I don't experience it until it sits again.

We will see, but any advice is welcome. Injectors need to get sent to MEHP

Comment

Hey, another UT IX owner! I also came from the world of Audi's your username looks familiar. My was A3toxx. Either way Good luck with the IX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

coolant temp sensor? cps?
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        coolant temp sensor? cps?

Coolant temp sensor has also been replaced. What's the CPS?

Comment

Originally posted by Clintoxx View Post
                          Hey, another UT IX owner! I also came from the world of Audi's your username looks familiar. My was A3toxx. Either way Good luck with the IX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's awesome man! Audi is great, but when it comes to wrenching, BMW has been pretty fun for me. Look forward to seeing you around, I've been having a blast this snowy year.

Comment

crankshaft position sensor.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Have you Ohm'd out your idle control valve yet? It should be like 20/40/20 or something. I had a high idle issue and it was a failed valve AND DME. The valve had some high resistance and it took out something in the DME that made it nearly undriveable. Replaced both and it was golden...just an idea.
                              325IX Build Thread
                              RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                                crankshaft position sensor.

Possibly. Would it cause the car to stutter on cold starts when I give it just a little bit of gas? Or cause the resting idle to fluctuate after driving for a min?

Comment

Working...
                                X