blower motor /resister replacement pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blower motor /resister replacement pics

Here you go fucks. THis is what I did today in less than an hr. part #s posted at a later date

REmove cover

undo straps to the blower motor. Helps if you have picks to fit into the holes on the straps. So you dont break them

heres the power wires

can use pic to undo the clip. Has a small hole to poke into. Note the resister is located just below the blower motor. It kinda just slides in underneath. Not really shown in this pic

removed blower motor wo issues. heres now. Installation is the same way.

new resister compared to old

back of resister and how it plugs in

LOOK at where the clip attaches at the back. On my car the clip attached ABOVE the metal strip. Other cars have the clip attaching to the metal strip. If its in the proper place, then you are SUPPOSED TO be able to secure the clip with your hands.
    Last edited by ///M42 sport; 12-29-2010, 09:58 PM.
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

yeah, once you know how the clip attaches its pretty easy and it goes right back in. I had more problems getting the clip off than back on.

Im installing my newer blower motor as soon as it gets here in the mail, i'll probably eat my words on this one, lol.

Comment

there are so many people giving misinformation. Changing the blower motor should take 30 min max. There is nothing hard about it.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

New to the forum. 1989 320i. German specs.

I'm having all sorts of problems with my blower motor not turning on at all. I've replaced the fuse for it. Replaced the motor itself and pulled my hair out. I've looked for the resistor that everyone keeps talking about, but it is not there. I don't have two straps holding the blower covers down. They are plastic and there is one for each side and they are two pieces. So I can't find the resistor to try cleaning it. Does anyone have any ideas? It sucks when you have ice on the inside of you windows.

Comment

I should note this is for a 1991 325i. It really depends on the car as to which blower motor is in your car. I know for the e30m3 there are plastic covers instead of the straps in this writeuo in which case check out the m3 minor rust repair thread

Comment

OK note taken

Comment

The caterham was a big pile of steamy fucking shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                there are so many people giving misinformation. Changing the blower motor should take 30 min max. There is nothing hard about it.
                that clip was the easy part. My issue was the 325ix engine sits about an inch closer to the firewall - getting the blower motor in there with the intake manifold in the way was not easy. I had to practically smash the thing to squease it through there. Not a 30 minute job at all in my case. Next time I'll remove the intake manifold..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

god when they squeal i just want to punch my fucking dash so hard, hated that on my eta and red e30.
                  Originally posted by e30e
                  lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

where do you buy the resistor?
                    -84 325e 158k
                    -06 suzuki drz 400sm

Comment

anyone know how to do this on an 87 325is??

Comment

^ is it any different on a 318i?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                          ^ is it any different on a 318i?
                          most 318's have a 3 spd fan. 325's 318is' have 4 sp resistors. note on the pic the resistor has 4 prongs.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            that clip was the easy part. My issue was the 325ix engine sits about an inch closer to the firewall - getting the blower motor in there with the intake manifold in the way was not easy. I had to practically smash the thing to squease it through there. Not a 30 minute job at all in my case. Next time I'll remove the intake manifold..
                            Another benefit to the 24v swap--you can pull the IM in like 20 minutes. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
                              most 318's have a 3 spd fan. 325's 318is' have 4 sp resistors. note on the pic the resistor has 4 prongs.
                              mine is a 4-speed. ;)

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                              X