R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
    Im burnt.. School can die.. The EE department head is fucking a good number of us. Theyre switching a lot of classes to being held only once a year. So Im taking electronics 1 this spring semester but they arent holding electronics 2 in the fall. Electronics 2 is a co-req for senior design one..... Which pushes my graduation date back at least one semester. And on top of that the Engineering college is considering an additional fee of $69 per credit hour...

The once a year thing also means that I have to take Microprocessors and C++ next semester and I fucking hate coding..

There is so much hate inside me rn :hitler:
    They always do this stuff. My school only offers certain classes once a year too so it is hard to finish the 2 year degree in 2 years. It took me 6 semesters to finish, and I only need two classes to finish the degree but I'll end up being there next semester too since I don't know where I am going to transfer too.

Originally posted by varg View Post
    This week is calc week for me. I'm going to be studying my ass off trying to get substitution integrals and optimization down pat. After getting solid As on the first two tests I bombed the third one which was integrals, l'hopital's rule and optimization. Redoing 3 weeks worth of homework in the next few days to prep for my Sunday afternoon final. I have no idea how I'm going to remember all of the trig integrals.
    It is almost impossible to remember all the Trig integrals. We are suppose to know them and every time we do problems in class nobody can remember how to do them, I think it is insane to make students remember stuff like that, it isn't proving you know the math skills.

I just got deferred from my first choice school today since they had an instant decision day at my school. He told me all my retaken math classes, and my physics classes don't look good on a transfer transcript. (like dude I know, I retook them to learn the material). I pretty much have to do good this semester, take some classes next semester and get pretty much all A's, write a decent personal statement and get a letter of recommendation. Even then I wouldn't be guaranteed accepted. I'm pretty bummed since I have been working hard in hopes to transfer. :(

calc3 and chem2 are killing me though I need a 100 on the next test and final to get a B in calc3 so I'm about to do every single homework problem this week/weekend since the last test in Monday. I'm going insane maybe I'll just drop out and dig ditches or something.
    -Dee
    5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
    IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Last day of classes was yesterday, final design and communications projects due today, then just design/chem/physics exams to go.

Originally posted by varg View Post
      I'm in a similar position, didn't give a shit about math from high school through 2 years ago because I "knew" I wasn't going anywhere I'd need it. Life changed. I can't recommend any way to understand it unfortunately, I've just learned it through hours of practice.
      So I bombed calc overall. Was doing terrible for the first 3 tests(average was like 40%) so I decided to cut my losses. Still counts as a fail, but I got to concentrate on other stuff.

On the upside, my algebra is now probably almost as good as it was in highschool like a decade ago, and I have exposure to most of the material so next semester I should be golden. Then I can make up engmathII over the summer, although that means I can't work...
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Pretty sure thats my situation in CS, Failed second exam, and a good portion of the labs.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

For those out there taking finals tomorrow, best of luck!! I got 2 finals left and then I can work on Gods Chariot!

Comment

3 down and 3 more to go.
            First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Class is now over and I have until the 9th of january to prepare for my 9 exams, will be fun..Too many computer classes and not enough economics for my liking but oh well
              Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Done this morning.
                Now I have 8 days to get my iX patched/reassembled for any hope of driving it this winter.

Comment

Went in to check my courses/times for this semester. Looked at my schedule, then went to look at my registration. Somehow in that short time half my classes auto dropped, and now I can't add them back because one course seems to be full and the rest are co-reqs.

There are 12 "Blocks" for block registration, and I can't figure out which one I was in that wasn't full. Fucking Christ.

Comment

well fuck, I sent an email to the eng advisor because it gave me an error about pre-reqs for one course that all the others were linked to.

Then I took a shot in the dark and added a math course first. Now shit works flawlessly, so I'm going to look like an idiot.

All the block registration has at least one course full, so I picked one that was just missing physics, and juggled shit around until everything fit.

Pros: No loner evening classes that I'll invariably skip. Stuck labs between big gaps, which hopefully makes me go to that shitty evening communications course.

Cons: My monday goes from 8:30 to 8:30 with an hour gap at 9:30, and it can't be helped.

Comment

sucks about the blocks. My school is doing weird stuff to me about pre-req's too I've taken the highest electrical courses they offer already (ckts for eng. & Digital logic w/ switching ckts) but this semester I can't take Elec. Machinery without some lower level course so I need to go figure that out before classes start on the 17th.

I've done a 9am - 10pm schedule last semester is was sorta hard espically with needing to wake up for work the next day at 5:30am but it is possible if you buckle down and get the work down ahead of time.

I did however finally look at my grades from last semester and I did well enough to pass my chem 2 and calc 3 class! I only got a C+ in both and sadly I know I could've gotten at least a B if I applied myself a little more but with work and other stuff I'm just happy I passed. But passing those classes means I will be getting my A.S. in engineering science which feels like I finally accomplished something! :D I'm going to take a couple classes this semester as well while I figure out where I am going to transfer to. I still have no idea where I am going to go to finish my degree...
                      -Dee
                      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Its always shitty when the schedule gets fucked like that, I had a shitty schedule last semester.

I did pretty good last semester, but one of the professors for one of my upper division classes gave me a C for the class, but I should of gotten an A-. I have been trying to get in contact with the professor but he is not responding, so I might have to go to the dean. Good thing I kept all my exams and hw assignments for proof.
                        First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Now everything is going to shit lol.

I was registered in everything, and then had some friends tell me I couldn't take Statics or the linked communications course. I called bullshit because I had already cleared it with the Eng advisor, but noticed an email in our shitty school email that said anyone who was registered in those two courses but didn't have Calc I complete would be removed... and there's "A chance" that statics/comms courses will be offered in the summer.

IF it is offered, it actually sounds good (After I calmed down and thought about it.)
                          Only 4 courses (PhysicsII/ChemII/Calc I/Linear Algebra) in the winter, Calc II+Statics+commsII in the summer...

I need a 3.3 GPA to bypass the "lottery" and select whichever discipline I want. After failing calc, that term put me at a 2.85, so I need like a 3.7 in everything over the winter and spring to get above the crowd...

Now I also notice that some physics lab marks weren't recorded last term. What the fuck people?

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            Now everything is going to shit lol.

I was registered in everything, and then had some friends tell me I couldn't take Statics or the linked communications course. I called bullshit because I had already cleared it with the Eng advisor, but noticed an email in our shitty school email that said anyone who was registered in those two courses but didn't have Calc I complete would be removed... and there's "A chance" that statics/comms courses will be offered in the summer.

IF it is offered, it actually sounds good (After I calmed down and thought about it.)
                            Only 4 courses (PhysicsII/ChemII/Calc I/Linear Algebra) in the winter, Calc II+Statics+commsII in the summer...

I need a 3.3 GPA to bypass the "lottery" and select whichever discipline I want. After failing calc, that term put me at a 2.85, so I need like a 3.7 in everything over the winter and spring to get above the crowd...

Now I also notice that some physics lab marks weren't recorded last term. What the fuck people?
                            I had a great study buddy early on who made it a habit to backcheck everything that got input into our grades by the teacher.

It was tedious at times (but it was usually a good break from hours of triple integrals and other engineering headaches) but it paid off too many times to ignore it.

GPA is important, in my experience. I have buddies who graduated with me, whose gpa's were less than 3.0, who still dont have jobs and are getting very frustrated. On the other hand, students who had high gpa's (3.75 and above), had several job offers before we even finished the first semester of our senior year.

Do your best to do the best that you can.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

My lab instructor was actually on the ball. Got a notification today that my lab mark jumped from 69% to 83%, bumping my final grade up 2.x% into the next bracket.

Now sitting at 2.88 and need a 3.66 over the winter/summer terms to hit 3.3

Still looks like I'm in the wrong lab for this term's physics. Hope it updates itself... [edit: it did. Nice.]

Comment

Just wasted a whole class reading through this thread. Right on guys

Comment

Working...
                                X