Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet "Blue Nose" M62b44 swap (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks super.

It is going to be a screaming machine!!!

Still have the manifold beauty cover? Do they fit? If for sale, please LMK. :)
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Awesome vid man! Sounded like a massive grizzly roaring to life

Props for doing this yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
        Dang sweet build
        Thanks dude! It's getting there

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
        Awesome stuff!

Sorry to hear about other people letting you down. I got tired of it a long time ago, not even with my own cars but with friends cars. I have gone so far as to learn to paint myself, just so everything can remain in house.

Excited to see more!
        It's frustrating, made me lose a bit of heart towards the build, and cost me money. Yet at the same time, taught me a pretty big lesson in itself so its all good. I've tried teaching myself as much as I can since just to avoid having to ask another person to do something for me.

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
        Looks super.

It is going to be a screaming machine!!!

Still have the manifold beauty cover? Do they fit? If for sale, please LMK. :)
        :):):) Thanks, as far as I know everything fits! Sent you a PM

Originally posted by GDA View Post
        Awesome vid man! Sounded like a massive grizzly roaring to life

Props for doing this yourself.

Thank you dude, totally caught me by surprise first time too lol. My friend came to pick me up to grab lunch one day and I started it up for him, made him jump it was so loud. Can't wait to get the exhaust done and finally drive it around.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Great progress as always!

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post

:):):) Thanks, as far as I know everything fits! Sent you a PM

Wooooa big guy... keep this conversation private.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Love seeing updates on this. I need to get me some of those seatbelt guides too. You got some extra material to make me a few?

Not sure what the future plans are with the car once its driving but 4 point belts arent ideal and scream stanceboi because they really arent safe or legal for racing and arent DOT legal either
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                Great progress as always!

Thanks man, planning to drive out to Zion with a buddy of mine who just got an e55 AMG. Probably gonna be staying in salt lake or st george; Be cool to link up with other people outta state!

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                Wooooa big guy... keep this conversation private.
                LMAOOOOO I didn't even catch that my bad dude

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Love seeing updates on this. I need to get me some of those seatbelt guides too. You got some extra material to make me a few?

Not sure what the future plans are with the car once its driving but 4 point belts arent ideal and scream stanceboi because they really arent safe or legal for racing and arent DOT legal either
                I only have a little bit left not nearly enough for more, but its only $12 for 4 ft I'd have to look again. I'll hook you up though feel free to hit me up dude!

As for the harness' that's why I went with the Schroth's because they are ASM & DOT approved.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

ITs beautiful man, makes me reconsider my s52 route. I may just get my 98 m3 running, sell it and travel down the m62/hybrid route for my e30 now. Damn!

Comment

Let me know when you come to SLC. I got the IX in full winter mode.

Comment

Not sure how I missed this thread for so long. Awesome work on the car. Excited to see another m6x swap soon to be rolling around.

After we got my swap up and running and hit the track, I noticed we have interference with the steering shaft and drivers manifold in long loaded right hand turns (Turn 6&7 at RA). We have a fully welded shaft and are running the same motor mounts. Just a heads up, not sure if you clearance is the same with the bolted shaft. I'm thinking of going with stiffer motor mounts. Swap looks well done!
                      1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

I have some pics to toss up, but have to clear up space on my Flickr guess I hit my limit.

I'm also having an issue with my window switch wiring for some reason. I have power & good ground to the K7 relay, and fuse 17(if memory serves me correct) is fine. Window motors both work when jumped 12v, yet there's no signal from the switches to the window motors themselves. Not sure if anyone has experienced this issue or not, I'd really really love to avoid pulling the carpet & dash off to follow the purple dragon. There doesn't seem to be power at the switches either, I've swapped out the child lock/breaker switch with a friends and no dice. If anyone has some input that'd be amazing. I came across a set of manual crank windows at the yard a while back and thought about snagging them but pretty sure the car is gone by now.

Originally posted by Blackthorn View Post
                        ITs beautiful man, makes me reconsider my s52 route. I may just get my 98 m3 running, sell it and travel down the m62/hybrid route for my e30 now. Damn!
                        Thank you sir! I originally considered the s52 route but you can't beat the sound & torque a v8 brings to the table!

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        Let me know when you come to SLC. I got the IX in full winter mode.
                        Will do man, I've been caught up with a lot of personal stuff lately so I haven't been able to plan it out with my friend just yet but hoping to be out there by March at the latest. Would like to make a run through Zion since I've been to St George before but never the park.

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                        Not sure how I missed this thread for so long. Awesome work on the car. Excited to see another m6x swap soon to be rolling around.

After we got my swap up and running and hit the track, I noticed we have interference with the steering shaft and drivers manifold in long loaded right hand turns (Turn 6&7 at RA). We have a fully welded shaft and are running the same motor mounts. Just a heads up, not sure if you clearance is the same with the bolted shaft. I'm thinking of going with stiffer motor mounts. Swap looks well done!
                        Thank you and appreciate the heads up, I considered welding the shaft solid but at the time cutting/bolting together everything for under $40 was my route. What are the issue you experienced exactly? The downpipe section rubs/hit the steering shaft pretty hard since the TDS mounts have a lot of flex to them?

What mounts were you considering running btw?

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

I had a problem with power windows and this is how I fixed it. This is from an old post.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                          I finally found the last electrical gremlin in my car. When I bought the car from the PO, the fuse 10 would blow if I used the power windows too long. Power window circuit is fuse 17. And the windows would work with fuse 17 removed. So I figured the PO tapped into fuse 10 circuit to power the windows. I was in this frame of mind because when I bought the car the fuel pump relay was bad and instead of replacing it he just put a jumper wire in the fuse box. This is just one example. Any way I searched for where they tapped in and couldn't find it. Followed the wiring diagram and everything looked fine. I noticed a red/black wire with connector disconnected near the C302. While I was trying to figure out where it went I noticed the white/black wire and the green/blue wire didn't line up. I check continuity from the fuse box, fuse 17 circuit on the plug it was connected to and I had really high resistance. I checked the plug that the white/black wire was inline with and perfect continuity. I plugged it into it's correct spot and that fixed it. PO must have unplugged it at one point and plugged it into the first spot that fit. Now my windows are on the correct circuit with a 30a fuse and the 7.5a fuse on fuse 10 circuit isn't blowing every time I use my windows. Now I need to find out what the red/black wire connector is supposed to connect to.
                          I wish you luck in figuring it out.
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Glad to see some good progress! Let's go for a drive when you're on the road
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Well I ended up re making the guides and scrapping the old ones. Went with a 1/8 single bar for a cleaner look. While I was at it I made a gift for my roommates bday to mess with him.

Welded the final bracket in for the OCC just been lagging on getting the proper screws for it. Also re-attached the hood, kinda nice not to have to man handle it on and off lol. Need to give it some TLC and remove the foam but meh that can come later on.

Working on making an airbox to pick up air from where the AC hole is & route it from the brake duct in the front. My buddys supposed to drop off a plastic welder to make life a bit easier. Making it out of 1/4" & 1/8" ABS then putting the heat resistant material to block the side panels from the exhaust manis.

Need to make a few cuts & fill the holes on the right side of the engine bay. I got the seat harness bolted in place, need to borrow my GF to adjust the belts to a more reasonable fit but pretty happy with the outcome.

Also picked this lil guy up from Central Cali the other night... Euro import 500SEC with AMG parts on it, fairly neglected and needs a lot of TLC but I see a ton of potential. Price was something I couldn't pass up. Debating making a build thread or not but really looking forward to getting cracking on it.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Thank you and appreciate the heads up, I considered welding the shaft solid but at the time cutting/bolting together everything for under $40 was my route. What are the issue you experienced exactly? The downpipe section rubs/hit the steering shaft pretty hard since the TDS mounts have a lot of flex to them?

What mounts were you considering running btw?

Yeah I totally understand bolting it, we already had the welder out so we welding it together for a solid piece. Yes it seems the hydraulic mounts let the engine lean to the left on a severe right hand turn. I can feel some resistance and vibration in the steering wheel as the downpipe hits the steering shaft. More of an annoyance than anything else, you can still continue to turn the wheel.

You might not even experience this since we built our motor mount arms. I can't get it to do it driving on the street just carrying some speed on the track. Haven't found a different mount yet as I'm avoiding poly for NVH reasons.
                                1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Working...
                                X