e30 M3 Roll bar work in standard e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 M3 Roll bar work in standard e30?

Someone local to me is selling a 6 point bolt in/weld in roll bar and he has it listed as being for an e30 M3. Will this work in a regular e30 coupe? It looks to be a god deal, but only if it actually will work with my car.

Thnaks

It will as long as it's not in the rear parcel shelf area which is highly unlikely.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

From the pictures I have seen it doesn't look like it does. It looks like it sits like every other roll bar I have seen.

Comment

Also, as a side note, the guy supposedly doesn't know what the brand is, but said there is a little American flag sticker on the back of the main hoop. I am thinking Kirk but I'm not sure. Could that be a clue to the manufacturer?

Comment

**Cough**, where in florida is this located? **Cough**...Just kidding good luck let me know if it doesn't work out!
          sigpic1990 325IS,
          2.7L bottom end, Shrick 272 Cam, and a heck of a lot of bald tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty_30_IS View Post
            **Cough**, where in florida is this located? **Cough**...Just kidding good luck let me know if it doesn't work out!
            Haha, too far from you...

Comment

any idea how old it is? sometimes it's not really worth buying used safety equipment

Comment

If the guy doesn't know what brand it is, I'm willing to bet he has no clue how old it is either...My finances are tighter then expected this week, so ill probably end up passing anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                  any idea how old it is? sometimes it's not really worth buying used safety equipment
                  Your telling me a roll bar goes bad over time? Unless it was in a wreck its fine. I make roll bars for a living btw.
                  Follow me @baysidefabrication on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Widebody325 View Post
                    Your telling me a roll bar goes bad over time? Unless it was in a wreck its fine. I make roll bars for a living btw.
                    I think what he means is - would it still conform to today's rules/regulations. Roll bars may have wall thickness/OD requirements that change(increase) over time....correct me if I am wrong

Comment

The has been changes in thickness and bar size rules for some organizations.

I'd be more concerned with him not knowing specifics or even if it really does fit an E30.

How much is he wanting for it? If you are just looking for a welded in roll bar, I am sure you can find someone local to you that can build you something for near the price he's asking.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by gte175x View Post
                        I think what he means is - would it still conform to today's rules/regulations. Roll bars may have wall thickness/OD requirements that change(increase) over time....correct me if I am wrong
                        Yup, that's exactly what I was referring to, especially when the owner didn't seem to be aware of any of the details of it.

Comment

ERW vs DOM would be the big one, but that's pretty easy to check in person...

But it's a roll BAR, so it's mostly for your peace of mind. For sanctioned track use,
                          you'd need a cage anyway.

I carried around an Autopower ERW bar in my car for years. Never had to use it,
                          fortunately, but it made a great place to anchor the 5- pt harness.

t
                          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            The has been changes in thickness and bar size rules for some organizations.

I'd be more concerned with him not knowing specifics or even if it really does fit an E30.

How much is he wanting for it? If you are just looking for a welded in roll bar, I am sure you can find someone local to you that can build you something for near the price he's asking.
                            The guy wanted $300 for it, so probably not going to get anything made for that price unfortunately. I think someone snatched it up already as I haven't seen it on craigslist anymore....

Comment

btw...6 pt?....I used an AP in my e30 for 10 yrs....iirc they are 4 pt?....

where were the 6 pts??????...curious

rb..or "cage"...?

and i do think m3 bars and e 30 off the shelf bars are the same
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
                              X