M3 auto wiring harness and ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 auto wiring harness and ECU

I have searched all over but could not find a clear writeup/wiring diagram.
    1. What would I have to do to use an s52 automatic wiring harness and also what extra things would I need to run an obd2 port with it?
    2. Can I run a modified auto m3 harness with a manual m3 ecu (im guessing I can)?
    3. Can I run a 328i ecu on an s52 without a flash tune?

Answered most questions in PM. You have to get a flash no matter what to get car running (ews) I can flash a 328 ecu to m3 specs

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Ok, thank you

Comment

Just had Markert flash my ecu and re-work the harness for my swap (Z3 2.8 in '90 325iS).

The harness looks very well done. I have too many projects so decided to outsource the harness work - worth every penny to get it right. Cannot go wrong with Markert.

Comment

from my search i came up to the idea that there might be diffrences in wire color codes for some imported verions that requires rechecking wires specially for auto harnesses.
          i found an m52b28 complete engine,ECU and harness from 96 728i that doesn't even have the big X20 connector lol just strange 5 small connectors that will make me splice and check wire by wire against my e30 C101 connector.

Comment

Working...
          X