No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a MB-zip so I still like the older hard to find Bridgestones. Most of my bikes are steel. Love the adage steel is real.

I did recently purchase a Specialized Allez Comp double. Ouch 550 for it new left over. But it has a FSA crank and full 105 groupo on it.

Your Bridgestone has Suntour stuff on it?

Comment

so i stumbled across my old mans 1976 schwinn varsity 10 spd in the garage and fixed it up earlier today...cleaned it, repacked the bearings, relubed everything, new white cork bartape...picking up new tires/tubes/seat next week and it'll be ready to rock. check out them ballin wheels, 27s FTMFW!!

it'll work for now. im scouting craigslist daily for my own classic bike to build a fixie out of cuz i'll pass on droppin 600 for a new pista or 750 for a new specialized. so hopefully i'll find somethin in the next few weeks to build up.
      beware of attack squirrels

Comment

Nice bikes guys!

I don't ride as much any more, but I'll share a few of our bikes,

I used to ride a colnago dream, Magnesium alloy frame, original ksyrium SL's, CF colnago forks, many other bits. Amazing bike, I loved it but unfortunately, this is all i have left of it, (makes for good eye candy)

Then there's my old trek which is what i ride now, Basic alloy frame, pretty heavy, Original ksyrium's, however one ate a pothole. so the backs just rolling stock atm.

Then there's my dads Colnago. another mag frame, Brand new Ksyrium SL's, latest and greatest everything else.

Other bits and peices include a ghetto rossi track bike dad plans to fix up one day, and the old pride and joy of my Trek, Some original Atlanta '96 olympic deep V rimZZ.
        Last edited by JamesE30; 10-28-2007, 06:28 PM.

R.H.D
        M-technic I club

Comment

Gangster bikes guys.. I love this thread. I just started getting into biking. Its officially my excuse to stop dumping money into my cars. Its breaking me for real. At least bikes get you excercise too :)

Keep the images comin!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
            a ghetto rossin (?) track bike ..... Atlanta '96 olympic deep V rimZZ.
            i'm'a need pics of that, brothah!!
            :p
            I love Rossins....all that older stencil paint work in colors like yellow, baby blue and pink with little accents in plum.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo View Post
              i'm'a need pics of that, brothah!!
              :p
              I love Rossins....all that older stencil paint work in colors like yellow, baby blue and pink with little accents in plum.
              Lol You will have to excuse my terrible attempt at speed typing.

Heres the Rossin,
              Like i said, ghetto. Definitely not one of the more extravogant paint jobs, but an absolute classic bike none the less.

And the Atlanta Campagnolo rims:

Cool stuff.

Oh yeh, we also got this sweet mavic disk floating around:

R.H.D
              M-technic I club

Comment

what i do for a living

Last edited by slowpoke6; 10-28-2007, 10:08 PM. Reason: better ones below

Comment

this is a better pic

Comment

so is this

fit edwin frame with tons of purple goodies (thanks scott at eastern boarder)

im currently building a new street machine. trying to get her under 25lbs with pegs

Comment

Comment

last one

Comment

Originally posted by slowpoke6 View Post
                          did you die right here? if not....late catch man.
                          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

no, no death. i throw the bars pretty fast so i always get them around

Comment

I died once doing that. My left nut never recovered

:(

Comment

Before I got into cars, I used to be WAY into Mountain Bike Trials-but I never got quite this good.

A guy on his mountain bike (trials bike) jumping off of things, balancing, spinning around, etc.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X