No announcement yet.

My beginners photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably pushed it over with the boarder but I thought it looked neat lol.

DSC_0802-3 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Not overboard at all. Nice
      Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

looks good to me.
        sigpic
        323i MTEC1
        Z3 coupe
        E60 M5

Comment

I'd like to ask a couple questions if anyone has any tips to share...

I was out taking pictures of my car at a hill top location I thought would make for some nice pictures but nothing seems to look nice to me now. My trial demo of LR ran out so Im just going off the jpeg versions (I shoot in jpeg and raw).

1) I didn't think of it at first but I was at f~5 and lens 55mm, standing back far enough to get my car and the background in. Those pictures seem like the car is out of focus. Should I have lowered the lens focus and stepped closer to make the focus on the car sharper?

2) Shooting car pics what part of the car do you focus on? I look through the lens not the screen so my camera has like 7 points where the focus can be on. I normally just try to get that on the front fender or rear quarter depending on how Im standing regarding the car.

3) I just recently found out how to show the histogram graph on my camera, I think my answer will be yes, but can I use this feature to benefit my photo comp?

4) And last one, pics on the camera display/ computer preview/ computer viewing/ flickr all look slightly different. Is this just the case on how each location codes the pics up?

Thanks

Comment

First two are above York, PA. And the third one is at a beach access lot between Fenwick, DE and OC, MD.

Above York 2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Above York 4.2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Beach Redo 2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              Nice! I'm in the same position as you. Rocking the D3100/18-55 too. I'm looking at picking up a 35mm f/1.8 here soon. You might like that lens too.
              I'm a little late to this thread, but that lens works pretty damn well.

OP, nice shots.!
              IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Hey buddy! I am a photographer from South Jersey right outside Philadelphia! My suggestions for yielding great results are fixed focal length lenses. They host great abilities in regards to aperture for low lighting and pleasant appearances. I personally shoot weddings but shoot auto's to break it all up.

A great kit for a crop sensor would be a 20mm, 35 and even an 85. These lenses will teach you where to stand, how to utilize your apertures more without having to suffer in your other settings.

If you ever have questions absolutely feel free to inquire!

Feel free to check out my work too!
                CSM Photography

Comment

love the above york 4.2 shot but not the lens flare over the rim. also really like the lake shot from the original post.

Comment

Thanks, yeah I did notice that and it wasn't done intentionally. I think next time I get that I'll try to see how well I can spot correct it out.

Comment

Well I picked up a polarizer filter yesterday and hope to test it out this weekend. I took a bunch of shots last week but I rushed through them and didn't really get anything quality. I parked on a narrow road under a covered bridge and I was running around trying to get my shots before other cars came lol. I did get a nice picture from another spot but looking at it now I can see why a polarizing filter could have helped out. And my cats posed for me in their cat tower and I couldn't pass up that chance. Might be thinking about asking for a different lens from my parents for my birthday/Christmas this year too.

The first two are noisy and I forgot to adjust my ISO. I was shaking too from being nervous about other cars lol. Definitely learning more each time. Next time out Im also going to switch out of auto WB.

Jericho by nreichart12, on Flickr

Jericho 2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Fanny Rd 2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Friends Gather Here 2.2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Comment

Get a 50mm f 1.8 or below if you haven't already. It's a great lens that any hobbyist should have and pros always carry. Its a great goto lens. Nice beginning. Remember everyone is a critic and a tilted perspective can still be a great shot. Many things are more interesting when not centered :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

forum post

hi,
                          welcome to this forum site, you can find lots things
                          i suggest you for your problem, you have to contact any other expert,
                          right now, i have no knowledge about your question,
                          sorry for that,.
                          classfied website

Comment

Few more photos to post. Most of what I have been taking are just normal but I got a picture of my car and then one of a friends the other day that had a little more "mood" to them so I figured it was worth posting. Also a couple nature ones I posted in the outdoor thread I made too. I wanted to get a long exposure of the water and thought I could just bump up shutter time... Nope lol. After reading more about the technique I see you need a certain type of filter to cut out all the extra light that comes in.

Fog Creeping by nreichart12, on Flickr

Ryans ST Foggy by nreichart12, on Flickr

Gap 4 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Rapids by nreichart12, on Flickr

Comment

I actually started a similar thread on a different forum years ago, and one of the site photographers recommended to me this book: http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-.../dp/0817439390

Ended up buying it, and it helped me figure everything out.
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ALPINE_M5 View Post
                                Get a 50mm f 1.8 or below if you haven't already. It's a great lens that any hobbyist should have and pros always carry. Its a great goto lens. Nice beginning. Remember everyone is a critic and a tilted perspective can still be a great shot. Many things are more interesting when not centered :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I'll agree. I use my dad's Cannon Rebel XSi with a 50mm and it's really a good lens. It's quite versatile from what I've managed to get out of it. And they are relatively inexpensive.
                                -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                                -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Working...
                                X