• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

► APEX | Redesigned and Reinforced Wheel Studs

75mm Stud Kits:

90mm Stud Kits:
    It's a good time to upgrade your studs
    Redesigned APEX wheel studs feature an improved shoulder design to reduce stress risers and stud failure. 75mm and 90mm versions are available with a true bullet-nose race tip for faster wheel installs and a cleaner look, or with an easy to install hex head.

The Bullet Nose
    Don't compromise on safety and quality to get the stud style you want. Most affordable wheel studs today only offer a hex head version. Saving a few minutes during the install is great, but most racers want a true bullet nose tip. We've brought back the bullet nose design and give you the option to pick your preference at no added cost.

Ask yourself:What looks or works best for your needs?

The Beefy Shoulder
    Typical wheel studs have no shoulder to seat with the hub. Those studs are cheaper and easier to produce, but can result in new threads being cut into the stud as they are tightened. APEX's new wheels studs were engineered with a beefy, tapered shoulder design, allowing for a consistent and flat surface to secure to the hub. This feature helps eliminate stress risers that can lead to stud failure in most other designs.

Designed for the street and the track
    Try and find a BMW race car that hasn't converted to wheel studs yet. They're stronger, safer, and improve pit stop times significantly. For non-races, stud conversions still make wheel installation and removal much easier at home. You no longer have to line up the holes in your wheels, spacers, and hubs before hand threading a single lug bolt through all 3 holes. Simply slide the wheel onto the studs, and let go. With lugs, an unsupported wheel will slip off the hub lip and fall onto the ground. With studs, there is enough length to float the wheel in place and in proper alignment. Sitting on the ground with your feet under the car, supporting the wheel with your feet while you try and line everything up is a thing of the past.
    Extended length wheel studs like these allow for a range of spacers to be used without any additional modification. You can easily use 3, 5, 10, and 12mm spacers with our 75mm studs. For 15, 18, 20, and 25mm spacers, our 90mm studs are required to allow for enough thread engagement. Either length kit can be used without spacers just as easily. When using lug bolts with spacers you are forced to purchase a different length lug for each width spacer as any spacer. Even 3mm thick spacers are dangerous to use with the very short thread OEM BMW lug hardware. Why own a bucket full of lugs when a single set of studs can do it all?

By remaining installed, studs will put less wear on the threads of your hubs. They guarantee there is enough thread engagement, as you can see how many threads were engaged during install.

Wheel studs replace your OEM lug bolts by simply threading into your car's hub. Once installed they do not need to be removed when changing or removing wheels. Only the lug nuts are removed similar to many domestic and import vehicles.

Ordering and Contact
    • Phone: Call 888-499-9135 EXT. #1 for phone orders.
    • Payment: Credit and Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal. Bank Wire Transfers are also available. Contact us to use a wire transfer for payment on your order.
    • Tax: California customers will be charged 9.00% CA sales tax.
    • Shipping: APEX ships all orders with UPS.
    • APEX Hours:
      Monday thru Friday: 9AM to 5PM PST
      Saturday and Sunday: Closed
    • Warehouse and local pickup: The APEX warehouse is at 7888 Marathon Drive, Unit A, Livermore, CA, 94550 (Map It), 888-499-9135. This is where you pick up local orders.
    Last edited by PaintPro21; 11-04-2014, 01:00 PM.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

What cars are m12/14? id include a small key saying e30 are x, so people know what size to get

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      What cars are m12/14? id include a small key saying e30 are x, so people know what size to get
      The E30 utilizes the M12x1.5 wheel hardware.

Comment

What about locking wheel nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbaby88 View Post
          What about locking wheel nuts?
          We do not currently offer any locking wheel nuts, but do offer RAD wheel locks that are lug bolts. We may have some locking lug nut options available in the future.

Comment

Very nice.

Please let us know what is the diameter of the shoulder at the base of the studs. 14mm? 14.3mm? What is the purpose?

TIA

Lee
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              Very nice.

Please let us know what is the diameter of the shoulder at the base of the studs. 14mm? 14.3mm? What is the purpose?

TIA

Lee
              The base of the shoulder is in fact 14mm and the shoulder acts as a mounting surface for the stud to be correctly installed into the wheel hub, while the conical design allows you to seat the wheels properly.
              Last edited by PaintPro21; 10-29-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I've been wanting these for awhile. Wish it was time to pull the trigger.
                1989 325i 5spd Coupe - Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 15x7 - Nitto NT05 - Z3 2.5 Shifter - Sparco Ring Steering Wheel - Lowered on Tokikos - Drilled and Slotted Rotors - E46 Dinan Exaust - Apex Race Parts stud conversion - 3.73 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by pbraeckel View Post
                  I've been wanting these for awhile. Wish it was time to pull the trigger.
                  The studs are in stock and ready to ship whenever you are ready to pull the trigger.

Comment

For those of you with a Hex Head stud kit, this video will show you just how to install your stud kit.

Comment

Should I be worried if I own your old design wheel studs?

Comment

Originally posted by f4tj0n View Post
                        Should I be worried if I own your old design wheel studs?
                        We did not have any issues with the old studs in the past for you to be worried about. However, the redesign was done to re-engineer certain features of the studs, and you can replace the studs with the newest version this coming summer as studs are a consumable item that is recommended to be replaced annually.

Comment

Just put my new 90mm studs in. Solid product. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by the dubshow View Post
                            Just put my new 90mm studs in. Solid product. Thanks guys.
                            Post a few photos when you get a chance. We would love to see them!

Comment

Great looking product.

For a total noob when it comes to studs and spacers combined, if I wanted to run a 15mm spacer on E30 M3 hubs with BBS LM's (baller, I know) what length of stud would I be looking at?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Working...
                              X