Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible ITB Goodness for the M42 Hooligans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice to see Rama on top of things. Wonder if we could get the m42 ECU to work with them like we did with the m20 and m5x.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Definitely interested, but purchasing will depend on performance/$$. Adding mid range power with little impact to the top end would be a big plus.

Sent from my SGH-T769
      Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
      LED Bulb Thread
      R6 LED Review

Comment

With proper design and research, they will make more everything everywhere. Sound, torque, horsepower, mi-range, top end etc etc
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          With proper design and research, they will make more everything everywhere. Sound, torque, horsepower, mi-range, top end etc etc
          Ok so now this sounds like a true ground up project! I'm very interested!

Sent from my SGH-T769
          Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
          LED Bulb Thread
          R6 LED Review

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Yes prototype up and tested with great results on a STD engine STD ecu! all the results and updates are on the m42 club forum.

John at WOT will definitely have these available once they are in production, maybe still a couple months away
              sigpic

I sell ITB's and performance parts www.racehead.com.au

e21 race car m20 power! 293Whp atmo 2.9
              details here http://e21jps.webs.com

drive by video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOdPbErYlho
              incar race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbr0ZCmjsYM
              incar video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyvDR-B00A
              drag racing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmznH6PND4

Comment

Do you reckon you'd be able to fit a plenum and make it suit turbo?
                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                  Do you reckon you'd be able to fit a plenum and make it suit turbo?
                  generally speaking for turbo setups you want one large throttle body, opposed to ITB's but that's just from what I've seen on most cars.
                  -Dee
                  5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                  IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
                    generally speaking for turbo setups you want one large throttle body, opposed to ITB's but that's just from what I've seen on most cars.
                    I am aware, however nobody as far as I know make an off the shelf single throttle intake and I don't really have the skill to make one myself and getting a custom one would be $$$$$$
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by e21jps View Post
                      Yes prototype up and tested with great results on a STD engine STD ecu! all the results and updates are on the m42 club forum.

John at WOT will definitely have these available once they are in production, maybe still a couple months away
                      Aren't the ITB's you're referencing for the E36 M42? At lease that's what it says in the M42club thread. That might need to be clarified before we all get our hopes up as most of us are E30 owners.
                      fried chicken

Comment

Originally posted by anthonymax007 View Post
                        Aren't the ITB's you're referencing for the E36 M42? At lease that's what it says in the M42club thread. That might need to be clarified before we all get our hopes up as most of us are E30 owners.

The e36 m42 and the e30 m42 are interchangeable. Not long ago we took an m42 from a 1995 e36 and stuck it right into an e30. Just moved over the e30 specific parts like upper intake, sensors, v-belt drive etc. The m44 was a little different, but these should still bolt right up. Tuning is another story.
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

Working...
                        X